• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2010/11

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Didn't think that Paine's keeping was that bad.

Tasmania looked like a professional outfit. Western Australian looked like a bunch of ring-ins and kids. Which they pretty much were.

The most unbelievable thing about the Mick Lewis selection is that he's not even playing Grade Cricket in Melbourne. He's playing subbies, ffs. Mind you, was surprised to see him getting it through that well, quicker than what he was towards the end of his time with Victoria.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Yeah, I'm so glad he got hammered. It's embarrassing enough for the Big Bash that he's been signed as an overseas ring-in without it actually working.
I bet first class Bangers bowlers would've been a more sane pick. ****ing disgrace really.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The most unbelievable thing about the Mick Lewis selection is that he's not even playing Grade Cricket in Melbourne. He's playing subbies, ffs. Mind you, was surprised to see him getting it through that well, quicker than what he was towards the end of his time with Victoria.
According to the commentators, Dorey was set to be left out of this game until Hogan pulled out injured. Picking Mick Lewis ahead of Dorey on sub-district form would've been insane.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
According to the commentators, Dorey was set to be left out of this game until Hogan pulled out injured. Picking Mick Lewis ahead of Dorey on sub-district form would've been insane.
Hogan isn't injured, he pulled out due to "personal reasons". no clue what they are but should be right for next game then?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Travis Birt had a really good game, his innings was excellent and his fielding was of a high level. Lol at Lewis interview with Jessica Yates he sounded pretty happy with his figures, I don't think 46'from 4 overs is ever particularly good! Such an odd signing when Arthur got rid of Noffke he said he'll be picking young bowlers, where was Duffield?

For WA Swart has to go when North is back. I'm looking forward to watching Beaton a bit more this bash I think runs are just around the corner for him (I'm not saying how big that corner is).

Also just on Tassie, was Butterworth left out of the team or is he injured? Faulkner at 20 could end up having a decent International career in the shorter formats, he has some similarities to Bracken or brakken Brockley..

Last edited: