• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2010/11

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
That sucks, hope he recovers quickly.

Predictions for the season everybody? I'm pretty pumped for the upcoming domestic season.
Knee problems, which he's had before. Had to have his ACL done in Victoria, before which he was bowling as quick as anyone I've seen in the state.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Knee problems, which he's had before. Had to have his ACL done in Victoria, before which he was bowling as quick as anyone I've seen in the state.
Yeah, he has the build to be a really fast bowler and he has that kind of slingy action as well which can generate pace. Still bowls in the low 140's IIRC.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Nannes won't play for Australian in the ODI format. I'd hold your breath before making any judgements on him, wouldn't be surprised if his decline is quick. He's been nursed big time through the last season or so, and will be pretty much held on to by Cricket Victoria only for T20.
Nannes himself certainly thinks different: Dirk Nannes warns youngsters about Twenty20 riches | Cricket News | County Cricket 2010 | Cricinfo.com

Nannes doesn't want to stick to playing just Twenty20 and is pushing for a place in Australia's World Cup squad next year. He has only played a single ODI, against Scotland last year, but feels he has plenty to offer the 50-over game if the selectors want to give him a chance.

"Absolutely, I'd love to," he said. "I'm still playing one-dayers at home. I certainly want to throw my hat in the ring for that, but unfortunately I don't pick the team and they haven't selected me yet so we'll have to see how it goes. I think I've bowled well in India as a whole in the IPL and fast bowlers still have a case to play out there and do well."

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Predictions for the season everybody?
I think Tasmania will be strong again this year. Bailey, Cosgrove and Geeves will hopefully all have good years.

A little disappointed that Doherty as made the first class team over Krejza, but I guess I'm not that surprised given the match is at the GABBA and the selectors will consider Doherty the more tidy of the two.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
I'm hoping for a big season from Cosgrove. I've always thought if he can get fitter he'd be a great player.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Redbacks Squad for the One Day Cup against NSW.

The West End Redbacks will look to continue their good form when they host the New South Wales RTA Speedblitz Blues in the new format of the National One-Day Cup at Adelaide Oval on Saturday 9 October.

This will be the Redbacks first match under the new format and coach, Mark Sorell said his team was “itching to get back into it”.

“It’s definitely a new challenge but hopefully we can continue our momentum from the Champions League on our home turf,” Sorell said.

The Redbacks will welcome some new faces into the line-up with Aiden Blizzard and Ben Edmondson named in the 13-man squad.

Play starts at 2.15pm. The match will not be televised by Fox Sports but local TV news crews will be permitted to film highlights during the first session for evening reports.

West End Redbacks v NSW Speedblitz Blues
National One Day Cup, Adelaide Oval, Saturday 9 October 2010
Michael Klinger (captain)
Aiden Blizzard
Cameron Borgas
Daniel Christian
Tom Cooper
Chris Duval
Ben Edmondson
Callum Ferguson
Daniel Harris
Graham Manou
Aaron O’Brien
Gary Putland
Kane Richardson

No Haberfield? that is pretty strange. You can pick 12 players in this format so I don't know who I'd leave out. Duval or Borgas maybe. It's good to see their managing Cassell's work load as well.

Last edited:

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
The new trial One Day format is about to start which is live currently on foxsports. Cosgrove opening the batting for Tasmania..

outbreak

First Class Debutant
I'm stuck at work with cricinfos ball by ball. I predict a big tassie win with a cosgrove century.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Any initial thoughts on the new format? I'm not convinced yet, it feels like the constant changing of innings is ruining the flow of the game. The Tasmanian 1st innings was entertaining with Cosgrove looking in good touch, then the innings ceases. Followed by a solid Queensland reply, when finally some wickets start to fall it's time to change innings again.

The actual cricket is very good though. Cosgrove is going to have a massive season.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Any initial thoughts on the new format? I'm not convinced yet, it feels like the constant changing of innings is ruining the flow of the game. The Tasmanian 1st innings was entertaining with Cosgrove looking in good touch, then the innings ceases. Followed by a solid Queensland reply, when finally some wickets start to fall it's time to change innings again.

The actual cricket is very good though. Cosgrove is going to have a massive season.
Yeah not a fan at all so far. I'll get used to it though I guess.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yeah, Cosgrove will be in the runs more times than most of the athletes at the Commonwealth Games.

Strongly against the split innings format ftr.