• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

Rant0r

International 12th Man
as far as i heard, if say johnson loses his cricket australia contract (purely for explanation purposes) he becomes a queensland player again and would have to get a transfer, not that he's played for WA anyway, but i'd say watson shouldn't have too many problems moving

on cossie, supreme talent, many fat batsmen have made it, and one fat legspinner, and a fat fast bowler, big deal

Josh

International Regular
NSW offically approach him every season about the move tbh. This is just the first time he said he will consider it.
Are they still pushing for separation from Australia in order to field their own international cricket team??

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
QLD could really use a reliable batsman for next season. I'm not sure who though. Maybe pick up Paine? Obviously he wouldn't keep but if he wanted to focus on his batting it'd be a good move. Otherwise Blizzard might be a value pick.

Would be a real boon to pick up Jaques. QLD could really use someone of his calibre, and given he doesn't have too much of a chance of playing for Australia in the near future (barring injury) he would be there for most games.
Queensland, since 1990 don't have a huge reputation for buying players. I'm sure they'll discover someone from grade cricket to fill the voids left. Symonds should be a more fulltime option, so that should help.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Queensland, since 1990 don't have a huge reputation for buying players. I'm sure they'll discover someone from grade cricket to fill the voids left. Symonds should be a more fulltime option, so that should help.
The article I was reading about Watto said there was rumour that Symonds would retire. Is that just press-stirring?

I hope Reardon gets some FC chances next season.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The article I was reading about Watto said there was rumour that Symonds would retire. Is that just press-stirring?

I hope Reardon gets some FC chances next season.
Yeah, looking at Queensland's team for the Shield final, I'm assuming they'll just replace Love and Watson with Kruger and Reardon. That'd leave this:

1. Broad
2. Kruger
3. Carseldine
4. Reardon
5. Symonds
6. Hopes
7. Hartley
8. Noffke
9. Simpson
10. Harris
11. Swan

They'll lose Symonds and Hopes at various parts of the season. While they can bring Cutting/Laughlin/Sullivan in for Hopes and push everyone up one without really looking particularly unbalanced, I'm not sure what they'll do if Symonds gets picked in ODIs. Moller and Perren didn't set the world alight last season. Batticciotto maybe? Dunno.

howardj

International Coach
Can sympathise with Watto - he's a very touchy, feely type guy.

So, it's probably the best thing for him.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Has anyone ever seen Shane Watson's girl? I would follow her to play domestic cricket in Pakistan if it meant being with her.

brockley

International Captain
Thats not lee furlong.
Thats the girl from dancing with the stars,the 1 that cheated on him.
Lee furlong is blonde but smaller.