• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Though Rogers coming back into the team helps their cause a bit, anyways another breezy knock from Warner today, would have been great had he gone onto turn it into a big one.
Why? He will just get back into the national side then...

No surprises to see Australia's wicket taking spinner doing the business.

pup11

International Coach
Why? He will just get back into the national side then...

No surprises to see Australia's wicket taking spinner doing the business.
Warner definitely has talent and with time, if he keeps improving he would have a good long career for Australia, but it was really stupid on the part of the Aussie selectors to push a bloke with just the experience of 10 odd List-A games and 4 T20's into ODI cricket.

pup11

International Coach
Cosgrove smoking them right now in his comeback game, SA 3/220.
McGain bowling awesomely in the ranger cup game too, which is a very good sign for the upcoming South African tour, good knock from Daniel Harris too.

Cosgrove seems to have made his comeback with a vengeance, was pretty good in the comeback OD game too and now is batting pretty aggresively in the FC game too, but tbh without Noffke the Oueensland attack looks pretty fragile.

Swann and Harris are bowlers of any note in the current team,, and yeah Doran back playing FC cricket is simply ridiculous, they could have picked someone like Rimmington or even the young Ali McDermott instead.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice work for SA to score 300 in the day after the sluggish start. Especially pleased for Mass, such a great guy. No-one works harder at his game.

As for Cosgrove, not that I mean to diminish scoing a FC ton but we know he can hit lots of boundaries. I wonder whether he's really changed in the way you'd hope.

That said, i remember reading Hookesy's autobio and he said that when he smacked a few tons in Shield games, he was told that to make the Aussie side again, the selectors were looking to see whether he could score patient runs. He scored an ugly ton soon after and was picked for Australia. Then he failed because, according to him, playing the ugly ton played himself out of form. So I guess expecting him to play any other way might be pointless.

pup11

International Coach
Nice work for SA to score 300 in the day after the sluggish start. Especially pleased for Mass, such a great guy. No-one works harder at his game.

As for Cosgrove, not that I mean to diminish scoing a FC ton but we know he can hit lots of boundaries. I wonder whether he's really changed in the way you'd hope.

That said, i remember reading Hookesy's autobio and he said that when he smacked a few tons in Shield games, he was told that to make the Aussie side again, the selectors were looking to see whether he could score patient runs. He scored an ugly ton soon after and was picked for Australia. Then he failed because, according to him, playing the ugly ton played himself out of form. So I guess expecting him to play any other way might be pointless.
I think Cosgrove shouldn't change a thing about his batting, he is a storkeplayer and a naturally aggressive batsman and he shouldn't chnage anything in that regard, but he needs to work on his concentration and discpline both on and off the field.

Anyways good to see both Hauritz and McGain bowling well in the ranger cup game.

Redbacks

International Captain
I think Cosgrove shouldn't change a thing about his batting, he is a storkeplayer and a naturally aggressive batsman and he shouldn't chnage anything in that regard, but he needs to work on his concentration and discpline both on and off the field.
Ian Chapell on the radio, without the knowledge Cossi had scored a ton today (According to my dad atleast), was critical that he olny looked to score in boundaries. So he might get the odd singles etc. but mostly from balls he has attempted to hit to the boundary.

I'm over worrying about him anymore, there are plently players + those from other states prepared to do the hard work, so if he makes it back or not I'm indifferent.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see Doran picked and yet bowling 1/3 of the amount of overs of the captain. Would love to be a fly on the wall when they're picking teams.

pup11

International Coach
Wow, just tuned into the ranger cup game, really impressed with Butterworth's all-round effort so far, i seriously never thought he had in him to play a knock like that, so good on him.

Krezja and Doherty also bowling very well in tandem, i just wonder that wouldn't Australia be much better off picking Krezja instead of White in the ODI side, Krejza can bat decently enough at no.7 and he also brings his bowling to the table too, adding some variety to the Aussie bowling in the middle overs.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is the Ford Ranger final a day game or day/night game. Have a feeling last year's final was a D/N game, but I could be way off.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm pretty sure it finished in the day-time, but it pissed down non-stop so it may have been D/N.

EDIT: Cricinfo says last year was a day game. This year is also a day game (or at least hasn't been decided yet).

Last edited:

inbox24

International Debutant
Good to see North claiming his steak ahead of the South Africa series, seriously hopes he gets a gig ahead of McDonald.

Jakester1288

International Regular
From Cricket Australia

NSW are without the likes of Katich, Haddin, Bollinger, Bracken, Clark, Clarke, Smith, Hauritz, Henriques, Hughes and Warner also due to Australian commitments. Victoria are missing regulars including Quiney, White, Hussey, McDonald, McGain and Siddle due to Australian duties either with today's KFC Twenty20 clash or for tomorrow's departing tour party for South Africa.

Since when was Warner in the team anyway? Anyway, looking forward to this game. Both are very depleted and hopefully NSW can get a victory.

Good start for NSW, 0/43 off 13.

EDIT: Just noticed Jewell is captaining Victoria, why not Hodge?