• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2007/08

sideshowtim

Banned
Well he's taken a bucket full of wickets at Grade level...and coupled with this performance he's booked his place in the team for a little while.

And are we done with Lambert yet? Can we PLEASE replace him with Henriques?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cant see Lambert being replaced by the next big thing when he broke a 65 year-old first grade batting record last season. Based on what I saw last year, I can't say Henriques is ready yet.
Still, a good option to have if he keeps developing.
Edit: NSW batting again.

Last edited:

sideshowtim

Banned
Cant see Lambert being replaced by the next big thing when he broke a 65 year-old first grade batting record last season. Based on what I saw last year, I can't say Henriques is ready yet.
Still, a good option to have if he keeps developing.
Edit: NSW batting again.
What better way to develop him than to harden him up with some real tough First-Class cricket? The main aim of this Blues side is to produce future Aussie players. Moey looks like just that...The sooner we throw him in the deep end, the better. Lambert is dead weight. There have been hundreds of players who carve up at Grade level, but can't make the transition to state. Lambert has been garbage from what I've seen of him.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
  • Matthew Wade isn't going to be dropped soon, bye bye Crosthwaite
  • About Time NSW did well...
  • We all know the Aussie selectors have an obsession with having a Blonde All-Rounder called Shane in the team...Warne, Lee and, heaven forbid, Watson. The selectors ways have ultimately ended Noffke's career before it started...Edit:Just noticed the stats, Noffke gets a 5-for and an Unbeaten Century, pretty good stats. Now all we need is unbiased selectors...

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Tassie and Queensland end up drawing...Pitch really must've flattened out. 2 points to QLD, Noffke a pretty obvious choice for MOTM.
I was at the game and the pitch didn't offer much, but I don't think QLD had the strike power to dismiss a pretty decent batting lineup.

Noffke bowled reasonably well, containing the batsmen, but I guess he was tired from the first 3 days.

Sullivan was the pick of the bowlers for mine, he showed good pace and looked the most threatning.

Cutting was bowling way too short and wide at the start. But his final spell was good.

Swan wasn't used enough, didn't do much.

Simpson bowled quite well, containing the batsmen most of the time, without ever looking like getting wickets.

I was supprised that Maher didn't give Nye a bowl, didn't think he attacked enough, but the pitch was quite flat.

With the batsmen..

DiVenuto showed that there is actually 3 good left handed opening batsmen who could open for Australia.

Bailey was great really, he reminded me of a young Ponting. Did the shot of the day with a brilliant off drive and his front foot pull to deep wide mid on for 6 was class too.

Marsh is a guy that I don't really rate, but he was very good, solid in defense and cut well.

Clingeleffer I would rather watch a pair of grannies eating cucumbers then watch him bat, worst technique, boring batsmen.

sideshowtim

Banned
  • Matthew Wade isn't going to be dropped soon, bye bye Crosthwaite
  • About Time NSW did well...
  • We all know the Aussie selectors have an obsession with having a Blonde All-Rounder called Shane in the team...Warne, Lee and, heaven forbid, Watson. The selectors ways have ultimately ended Noffke's career before it started...Edit:Just noticed the stats, Noffke gets a 5-for and an Unbeaten Century, pretty good stats. Now all we need is unbiased selectors...
What we need is Noffke to produce strong numbers for a few more games, then we'll see where he's at....He didn't seem to do very well once the pitch flattened out.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting to see that Crosgrove is bowling a bit for South Australia and talk is that if they continue to play two spinners then he might bowl some more overs this season. I know he has to score runs with the bat first, but if he does would be a realistic shot at the all rounders positions?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Interesting to see that Crosgrove is bowling a bit for South Australia and talk is that if they continue to play two spinners then he might bowl some more overs this season. I know he has to score runs with the bat first, but if he does would be a realistic shot at the all rounders positions?
Test all round spot? No.. Partnership breaker, perhaps.

South Australia are a dire team with no balance, they'll need Cosgrove taking a few wickets for sure.

BTW I can't believe that Manou keeps getting picked.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Test all round spot? No.. Partnership breaker, perhaps.

South Australia are a dire team with no balance, they'll need Cosgrove taking a few wickets for sure.

BTW I can't believe that Manou keeps getting picked.

Manou's a good player.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Depending on how well Wade goes, and whether they pick him in One Dayers, wouldn't be surprised to see a Dawson/Crosthwaite/Gledhil/Smithl head over to SA for opportunities.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Just watched Inside Cricket and some of the highlights of Noffke's innings were reminiscent of a batsman.
i just seen that also. good ol inside cricket.what about nicholson hitting a tonne,a nd then if that didnt rub it in to wa they got rolled for 99 and then chased leather again with nsw sitting nicely @ 1 - 145. with jacques pushing for a opening spot. but i would love to see hussey open.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Depending on how well Wade goes, and whether they pick him in One Dayers, wouldn't be surprised to see a Dawson/Crosthwaite/Gledhil/Smithl head over to SA for opportunities.
Dawson can come to NSW and Smith can go anywhere. I always rated Dawson as cricketer, a bit surprised he never kicked on in Tasmania. I think making him and keep and open stuffed him up a bit. Even in ODs, you just look at how much better Haddin was as batsmen when he dropped down to 4/5. That extra bit of rest makes so much difference IMO.