• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2007/08

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If he keeps scoring unbeaten hundreds, he'll be in line for more than just the fast bowler's spot, too, one feels. If Symonds fails and Watson is still injured, Noffke at 7 could be a very realistic option.

LOL I was going to say really captain obvious until I realized it was you Prince, lol..

Any batsmen you keeps scoring unbeaten hundreds would be a pretty handy batsmen.. haha.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Crazy talk.

Noffke actually batted at 6 for QLD last season I think.
Yeah no doubt his got a fair bit of talent with the bat, just never gets used when he plays at No 10 behind about six all rounders.

The interesting thing is well, what happened to this steady stream of seamers Queensland were producing. Have all the decent back up gone interstate and their nothing left? Sullivan looks ok though, maybe Brant should play some FC cricket this season.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah no doubt his got a fair bit of talent with the bat, just never gets used when he plays at No 10 behind about six all rounders.

The interesting thing is well, what happened to this steady stream of seamers Queensland were producing. Have all the decent back up gone interstate and their nothing left? Sullivan looks ok though, maybe Brant should play some FC cricket this season.
Cutting is a 20 year old and made his debut in this game. Kaspa and Bichel are holding them up one thinks, but with so many experienced players in the international side, it probably is a bit rough on the young guys to do it all themselves.

pup11

International Coach
David is a champion batsman and good to see Whitey also make 70 odd but frankly speaking Redbacks were a bit light on bowling fire-power minus Tait and their spin twins both Cullen's were pretty ordinary (atleast their bowling analysis's say so).
Btw is Noffke good enough to bat at 6 in the Aussie test batting line-up?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
David is a champion batsman and good to see Whitey also make 70 odd but frankly speaking Redbacks were a bit light on bowling fire-power minus Tait and their spin twins both Cullen's were pretty ordinary (atleast their bowling analysis's say so).
No, but Gilchrist is.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Definitely not. When he batted at 6, his bowling form was poor and we were really struggling for batsmen due to injury. He opens/bats top 4 for his club side and at the time was scoring heavily.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They won't drop Symonds for Noffke, surely?
They probably won't - certainly not at first - but they could and IMO should. Noffke is good enough to bat 7 IMO, especially given he'll have world class batsmen in ahead of him. I honestly don't see him doing much worse than Symonds has/will with the bat.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Anyway, NSW completely on top now after recovering to post a competitive 267 (via an unbeaten Matthew Nicholson hundred..) - WA have crashed to 6/38!!

Mark Cameron doing the damage with 5/17.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Cribb using the "anyone but Symonds" reasoning, I assume.
Thought I'd add, even better if it's a blonde Queenslander.

Mark Cameron is a very handy bowler. Surprised he hasn't played more for NSW, think he's a good option. Swings the ball, good pace and can get a bit of reverse.

sideshowtim

Banned
Great fightback by the Blues...just gotta get these last 2 frustrating wickets.

Nice to see Cameron do well. Being honest though, I thought he looked pretty average when he bowled the other day in the FR Cup.

sideshowtim

Banned
Tassie and Queensland end up drawing...Pitch really must've flattened out. 2 points to QLD, Noffke a pretty obvious choice for MOTM.

Edit: And WA all out for 99! Interesting decision for Katich now...enforce the follow on, or have another bat?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Great fightback by the Blues...just gotta get these last 2 frustrating wickets.

Nice to see Cameron do well. Being honest though, I thought he looked pretty average when he bowled the other day in the FR Cup.
I certainly wouldn't say average. He has a good action, gets quite a bit of pace and moves the both both ways - off the seam and in the air. He struggled with his control in the one day game but he still showed all those attributes. Definitely a very good first class prospect.