• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2005/06 thread

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
andyc said:
Steve Magoffin currently has 7/46 off 22 overs against SA, taking every batsman from 2 to 7-- that includes Lehmann, Cosgrove and Ferguson.
Has the world turned upside down? Because that's a lot more likely than Magoffin not bowling pies...

Linda

International Vice-Captain
For like the first four games, Goffers couldnt buy a wicket... The hell is going on?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
i hope South Australia can get to pura cup final with queensland, it might help convince the selectors to pick either Dizzy or Tait for the SA tour.

mikeW

aussie said:
i hope South Australia can get to pura cup final with queensland, it might help convince the selectors to pick either Dizzy or Tait for the SA tour.
Squads already been picked, announced tomorrow.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Magoffin ends with 8 wickets for 47 :-O

None of the South Australian pacemen have really stood up, will be interesting to see who's selected.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
LOL @ Magoffin. Great bowling. None of Dorey, Gillespie or Tait have bowled well though. Ouch. :D

mikeW

Nnanden said:
LOL @ Magoffin. Great bowling. None of Dorey, Gillespie or Tait have bowled well though. Ouch. :D
I have a feeling both Clark and Lewis my get the 2 bowling spots for SA.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
mikeW said:
I have a feeling both Clark and Lewis my get the 2 bowling spots for SA.
Lewis has bowled pies for his whole international career and most of his FC career. Clark and Tait for me.

andyc

chaminda_00 said:
Lewis has bowled pies for his whole international career and most of his FC career. Clark and Tait for me.
I guess I wouldn't terribly mind Clark and Tait. I'm just plain interested to see who's picked, because I've really got no idea who it will be.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I`d have to think it`d be Lee, Bracken, Warne, MacGill.

...Lee, Warnie, please fire!

andyc

Nnanden said:
I`d have to think it`d be Lee, Bracken, Warne, MacGill.

...Lee, Warnie, please fire!
Oh yeah definetely, but surely they'd pick a back up bowler too. Frankly, I don't see why Australia constantly go in with only 14 players; couldn't they go with, say, 16, and avoid any possible injury worries?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
But those players could be ripping it up and finding form in the domestic comp.

I`d say Gillespie for the back-up bowler. Haha, I don`t know.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
regardless both Dizzy & Tait has to be picked the selectors need to read between the lines & pick our best 4 fast bowling options with McGrath out & Clark or Lewis isn't apart of that 4. I still though knowing how Trevor & his crew have been moving of late Clark may prevent both Tait & Dizzy from being picked, but If one is to be picked it should be Gillespie.

Last edited: