• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2005/06 thread

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
Fair enough but whats he point in paying Cullen ahead of Macgill in Bangladesh when, and i quote, "obviously when the ashes comes about MacGill should definately play.."
because the bangladesh tour isn't no big tour & someone like Cullen who is going to play for australia sooner should be given a go in bangladesh IMO. But the ashes is the big thing & MacGill is still the 2nd best spinner in the country thats why i said when the ashes comes about we will go back to normal routine.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
aussie said:
because the bangladesh tour isn't no big tour & someone like Cullen who is going to play for australia sooner should be given a go in bangladesh IMO. But the ashes is the big thing & MacGill is still the 2nd best spinner in the country thats why i said when the ashes comes about we will go back to normal routine.
So you want to give Cullen a token baggy green?

"Here son, we could've done better than you, but here you go anyway"

*sigh*

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well at least Cullen has some potential so at least he is worth giving a baggygreen to, also so what he is given had you say a token baggygreen, he is the best young off-spinner in the country, many people regard him highly & the bangladesh tour is not any huge tour so giving him a go their wont be the the worst of the most stupid thing the selectors could do.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
aussie said:
well at least Cullen has some potential so at least he is worth giving a baggygreen to, also so what he is given had you say a token baggygreen, he is the best young off-spinner in the country, many people regard him highly & the bangladesh tour is not any huge tour so giving him a go their wont be the the worst of the most stupid thing the selectors could do.
The baggy green should be given to players who are genuinely the best available, not thrown around willy nilly, it's the greatest honour a cricketer can have in Ausrtalia, he's not ready, if he's such a star, which im not doubting, his time will come.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Giving Cullen a token cap is equivalent to Dorey playing international cricket. Absolutely ludicrous.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
The baggy green should be given to players who are genuinely the best available, not thrown around willy nilly, it's the greatest honour a cricketer can have in Ausrtalia, he's not ready, if he's such a star, which im not doubting, his time will come.
fair enough..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
Dorey over Dizzy is as stupid as Cullen over MacGill
it would be if the selectors decide to pick Cullen & forget about MacGill entirely, but all i'm saying is Cullen could be possibly just get selected for the bangladesh tour over MacGill just to give him some exposure thats all..

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
it would be if the selectors decide to pick Cullen & forget about MacGill entirely, but all i'm saying is Cullen could be possibly just get selected for the bangladesh tour over MacGill just to give him some exposure thats all..
Surely it would be better to get Australia four/five prong attack working in tandem before the Ashes, rather then mix and match the bowling line up. Just have a look at what is going to happen to Sri Lanka after the Bangledesh series and how they rested handful of key players. Any improvements they made in Australia will be lost because they tired give a few of their talent players a run against a weaker side. Australia main objected in Bangladesh should be to build towards the Ashes, not to build for post McGarth and Warne.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well to be honeset i don't australia will lose too much momentum end route to preparation for the ashes if they rested a few key players for the bangladesh tour. After all they wont have McGrath at least.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
well to be honeset i don't australia will lose too much momentum end route to preparation for the ashes if they rested a few key players for the bangladesh tour. After all they wont have McGrath at least.
What if they continue their poor form in South Africa and loss the Test Series, would you still rest a few key players?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
What if they continue their poor form in South Africa and loss the Test Series, would you still rest a few key players?
no way, well then Cullen inclusion will depend on their test performance in south africa.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Steve Magoffin currently has 7/46 off 22 overs against SA, taking every batsman from 2 to 7-- that includes Lehmann, Cosgrove and Ferguson. Dorey, meanwhile has 0/77 off his 24.