• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs West Indies - Frank Worrell Trophy 2022

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ever since the 80's there is an obsession with off spinners in Australia, with very little evidence to back it up. Literally every set of selectors go down this route when faced with a tour of Australia. As if a crap off spinner is going to be a better option than a promising left arm spinner?
I think it's just Haynes' transparent lie for picking one of his countrymen. Harper averaged 40 here and he had a superb FC record, Hooper averaged 64 and there's literally no-one else worth considering. You still have to be good enough no matter what style, and Chase patently isn't.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I think it's just Haynes' transparent lie for picking one of his countrymen. Harper averaged 40 here and he had a superb FC record, Hooper averaged 64 and there's literally no-one else worth considering. You still have to be good enough no matter what style, and Chase patently isn't.
Completely agree. As soon as Rakheem was not being considered, they should have gone for Moti.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That CAxi batting line-up was stacked jeez. Pierson, Inglis, Matt short and silk are all gun at state level.
Haha they weren't so much back then though. Kind of what you would hope to see 7 years later, that your side of promising youngsters kicked on a bit

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wi won't win a game. Their bowling attack is poor as per the warm up now. Aus bowling attack world class with Boland.
Your first sentence is very likely but the rest of your post is ****ing stupid and you should feel bad for typing it out. For shame.

WICFan

U19 Captain
Can see Smith scoring big runs and Chase at some stage collecting a quick couple, but meaningless wickets that the selectors will try to justify as evidence for his selection.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tage scoring only 4 means that they'll play Brooks as the opener? This is probably gonna be a blessing in disguise for Tage.

Bahseph

State Captain
For some reason I tend to watch most WI Tests because of the time they are broadcast in SA,so I've been following Chase from the start of his career. I don't know at what point the regression occurred but he is not the same batsman that can bat put a day for a 100 anymore. I get why Cornwall is on the outs,there is no way he passes most fitness tests because of his bulk,but if he bowls offies,bats at 8 and is in the slips I still would prefer him to any other spinner I've seen from WI in the last 10 years.