• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs West Indies - Frank Worrell Trophy 2022

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WI have historically enjoyed playing in Perth, albeit at the WACA. The new stadium offers a fair bit of pace and bounce too, so if they bowl well they can make a contest of it there. Adelaide is also D/N so that can be a lottery, but overall Aus are rightly very heavy favourites.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Yeah he's a horrible selection but as the only spin option in the squad he should probably play. Should be made to bat 8 though, no way do Holder or JDS deserve to be moved down the order to accommodate him. Something like:

1 Brathwaite
2 Chanderpaul
3 Bonner
4 Blackwood
5 Mayers
6 JDS
7 Holder
8 Chase
9 Joseph
10 Roach
11 Seales
That's the team I reckon they will pick too, but with Chase higher up because they just don't see what we see.

Beamer

WI have historically enjoyed playing in Perth, albeit at the WACA. The new stadium offers a fair bit of pace and bounce too, so if they bowl well they can make a contest of it there. Adelaide is also D/N so that can be a lottery, but overall Aus are rightly very heavy favourites.
I think it's reasonable to expect we can take quite a few Aussie wickets. Our pacers have bowled the opposition out cheaply at least once in almost every series since 2018.

The problem is we will get bowled out a lot cheaper still.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't have confidence at all in the middle order
The Windies middle order or Aussie middle order? If your talking about AUS don't see what the worry is RE: the middle order; Carey's found his footing at test level, green's played 4 gun innings in his last 5 tests, and head is a beast at home, albeit his form RN is concerning.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Windies middle order or Aussie middle order? If your talking about AUS don't see what the worry is RE: the middle order; Carey's found his footing at test level, green's played 4 gun innings in his last 5 tests, and head is a beast at home, albeit his form RN is concerning.
West Indies

Beamer

Forgive my ignorance, but is it always this cold in Canberra at this time of year? Our guys look like they are training in England in early May!

pomnotenglish

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Any of the WI fans know what happened to Shannon Gabriel & his domestic performances of late?
It has also been a long and patient wait for Alzarri to really realise his potential that everyone seems to be talking about. Hopefully, he will deliver & improve his average in this series.

WICFan

U19 Captain
Any of the WI fans know what happened to Shannon Gabriel & his domestic performances of late?
It has also been a long and patient wait for Alzarri to really realise his potential that everyone seems to be talking about. Hopefully, he will deliver & improve his average in this series.
A bit of everything.

Gabriel's fitness has been questioned for a while, he's also been largely expensive with good performances been few and far between.

Given the need to get through the days alloted overs, he also takes an age to get through an over. I think Yorkshire dropped him, partly for this reason when he was there on a short-term deal.

Beamer

A bit of everything.

Gabriel's fitness has been questioned for a while, he's also been largely expensive with good performances been few and far between.

Given the need to get through the days alloted overs, he also takes an age to get through an over. I think Yorkshire dropped him, partly for this reason when he was there on a short-term deal.
Yep all of the above. Plus Alzarri has actually started performing in the last 12 to 18 months now that he has been given a clear role as the enforcer. Hopefully that continues.

Interesting Shannon is bowling really well in the Super 50 tournament at the moment. I wonder if they will try him in ODI's as I can;t see him getting back into the test setup.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
NSW/ACT XI vs windies game has started up, windies are batting, oliver davies given his FC (unsure of the status of the game) debut.

Edit: Liam doddrell has some good grade stats, 34 with the bat and 15 w/ the ball, and the NSW cricket page has him listed as bowling right arm fast at 20, so seems like he has some decent pace, could be an exciting prospect. No idea about anyone else in the ACT/NSW side.

pomnotenglish

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
WI back to their bizarre tactics as usual. Not giving Tagenarine a chance to get a feel of the conditions. I would have also handed the bat to Chase to give him some confidence and batting practice. But then its WI so I guess I really shouldn't be surprised.

Beamer

WI back to their bizarre tactics as usual. Not giving Tagenarine a chance to get a feel of the conditions. I would have also handed the bat to Chase to give him some confidence and batting practice. But then its WI so I guess I really shouldn't be surprised.
Apparently Tage was ill.

Still, this set up have previous on bizarre selections ahead of matches.