• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs South Africa -2022/3

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Wasn't convinced by Travis Head's run glut at home over the past couple of years largely because didn't rate the opposition... but that innings today was of highest class.

Rarely get a better example of quality counter-attacking in a difficult situation by a middle-order player than that innings.

Heboric

International Debutant
I noticed an Australian umpire been used for this match, has the rules changed or something. I thought they have gone back to neutral umpires. Not in any way am I thinking Darrel Hair dodginess here. Cant be still covid paranoia, they let crowds in

Sunil1z

International Regular
I noticed an Australian umpire been used for this match, has the rules changed or something. I thought they have gone back to neutral umpires. Not in any way am I thinking Darrel Hair dodginess here. Cant be still covid paranoia, they let crowds in
Home umpires with 3 DRS referrals is the new normal.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This match is perfect set up for us to get bowled out with a lead of 50 or less and then for someone to play the South African miracle innings that wins them the test and eventually the series.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This match is perfect set up for us to get bowled out with a lead of 50 or less and then for someone to play the South African miracle innings that wins them the test and eventually the series.
By contrast, a lead of 100 or more on this wicket probably seals the deal. Going to be an interesting day two tstl

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Vice-Captain
Those figures are 3 times better than his last ashes series.
Just looking at some past Aussie openers and their last 25 innings in Test cricket and comparing it to Warner's past 25 innings, a small sample size:

Mark Taylor - Past 25 Innings

Runs: 1,175
50s: 5
100s: 3
Not Outs: 3
Ducks: 1
Highest Score: 334*
Average: 53.40

Matthew Hayden - Past 25 Innings

Runs: 886
50s: 2
100s: 3
Not Outs: 1
Ducks: 3
Highest Score: 124
Average: 36.91

Justin Langer - Past 25 Innings

Runs: 861
50s: 3
100s: 2
Not Outs: 4
Ducks: 2
Highest Score: 105
Average: 41.00

Simon Katich - Past 25 Innings

Runs: 1,198
50s: 9
100s: 2
Not Outs: 1
Ducks: 1
Highest Score: 106
Average: 49.91

Warner simply needs to get runs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wasn't convinced by Travis Head's run glut at home over the past couple of years largely because didn't rate the opposition... but that innings today was of highest class.

Rarely get a better example of quality counter-attacking in a difficult situation by a middle-order player than that innings.
Daily reminder that Head > Wade.

Burgey

I swear to god this **** times the ball like few other blokes going around. It’s insane how easy he makes it look

Burgey

Imagine having a baby giraffe walk out on 0 at the start of play with the game on the line and you feed him medium paced half volleys for the first 20 minutes.