• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

jcas0167

International Debutant
The equation looks quite reasonable for NZ, but difficult to see the remaining batsman getting these runs.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good test to see if we've got a middle order. It's still not that tough a target, but ball holding up a tad. Actually very much a NZ like pitch with no demons. NZ should still get these runs,

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I feel for Nicholls there, not his fault he's been put in a position where he's totally out of his depth, and it must be completely killing his confidence.

Regan

Cricket Spectator
Good test to see if we've got a middle order. It's still not that tough a target, but ball holding up a tad. Actually very much a NZ like pitch with no demons. NZ should still get these runs,
That's our problem, we don't or at least we don't with any consistency. If we were 4 down with someone like Williamson or Guptill in we'd maybe be ok but it's a tough ask from here now.

Zinzan

I'm not sure that was quite as unplayable as jerky Mark Nicholas is making out. It was actually a little full to be a perfect yorker, I'd argue Nicholls made it look better than it was.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That's our problem, we don't or at least we don't with any consistency. If we were 4 down with someone like Williamson or Guptill in we'd maybe be ok but it's a tough ask from here now.
Luckily in chasing this size of score the steady of accumulation of Watling works quite well. We shouldn't need to mega-accelerate at the end either which is good cos I don't think we'd get more than 70 off the last 10 here. Australia still easily favourites but a good two partnerships from NZ should do it.

Zinzan

Excellent review, there was no doubt about that.

Watling's hardly setting the world alight in his ODI exploits is he.

The two Colins to bring it home.