• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I honestly don't get how a 40 degree day is possible with that humidity. Honestly if that happens today you'd almost postpone the game because there'd be a non-zero chance someone dies.
It's not - the humidity and temperature peaks don't coincide. You're better off looking at dew point temperatures - anything above 25°C is very high. That area around the Persian Gulf is about the only place to regularly receive dew points of 30°C or more, the record being 35°.

As far as I know that particular match was 38° with a 30° dew point, which is a relative humidity of 64%. Supposing minimal wind the Bureau of Meteorology apparent temperature would be about 48° and the NOAA Heat Index would be about 58°.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm surprised the bail has enough mass to hurt that much, even there. Must've been a very accurate hit.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Daily Reminder wins you a SC test, huh? Well done Australia. Sri Lanka have the components need for a good side, especailly at home but it will take time for them to figure out the right structure.

Cummins is just so unbelievable.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol wut?

I mean it's true that he's a gun but that's a real insane takeaway from this game. He took 1 wicket and scored 20 odd.

Team wins = captain good. *pats head*
Lol.. I mean its unbelievable for the type of records he keeps setting. Sure, in this particular win, his direct role is probably minimal but I do feel there is certain credit to be given to the leadership when they are suddenly so much better in the SC.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol.. I mean its unbelievable for the type of records he keeps setting. Sure, in this particular win, his direct role is probably minimal but I do feel there is certain credit to be given to the leadership when they are suddenly so much better in the SC.
I don't think they are. They might be a little better. If anything their bowling is worse than it was 5 years ago.

SL were just bad opposition. See what happens if Green & Carey try sweepathon against Ashwin and Jadeja instead of whoever these guys were

Gob

International Coach
I don't think they are. They might be a little better. If anything their bowling is worse than it was 5 years ago.

SL were just bad opposition. See what happens if Green & Carey try sweepathon against Ashwin and Jadeja instead of whoever these guys were
We can never be happy can we

Gob

International Coach
Pakistan in Pakistan is no joke tbf. That was a serious, meritorious win, even if Pakistan's spinners were nowhere near Test standard.

In general the mental approach vs spin is significantly improved. Whether that translates against Ashwin and Jadeja though is another matter.
Those two guys may not even be the biggest threat tbf