• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
IMO Aus should only play SL in SL. Maybe an occasional winter series out here in the Top End. But never as one of the main summer touring sides here.
They haven't been one of the main sides since 2013-14 iirc. There were those 2 games, one in Canberra, a few years back but that whole series felt like a bit of an afterthought to the summer

Burgey

Yeah but they still stink it up in summer whenever they tour. They genuinely lose a leg when they get through customs here. Even when they had good sides they’ve managed like one or two close tests in history in Aus. Enough.

Burgey

Shame to have a Cycle Incense rain delay right now.

The smell of disappointment

Daemon

Been a while since Finch has done anything of note. Really shouldn’t be playing come the WC.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Smith I agree but not Finch he is great in T20's and he started to show his form in Pakistan tour.
Hopefully he can keep this form up till the WC, he had a similiar period vs NZ a year back where he made 2 or 3 back to back 50's, then we played no t20 for 3+ months and by the time we toured the windies he looked crap. We have 5 straight t20's here and fairly consistent fixtures up till the wc so hopefully he can find some long term rhythm.

TheJediBrah

Smith I agree but not Finch he is great in T20's and he started to show his form in Pakistan tour.
Opposite. Finch has struggled for years and scraping together ugly 50s against minnows doesn't change that. Smith is more valuable atm, and way better in the field too

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Unfortunately Josh is a Tory boot locker, and since the recent change of govt will no longer be considered
You make a good point, the liberals get booted out and inglis suddenly dissapears...... All im saying is i've never seen peter dutton and joshy in a room together.

Burgey

Yeah, he certainly has questions to answer.

They left Cummins and Zampa out of the T20 squad altogether, mind you. So even though they've sent a strong outfit, it seems they're still tinkering around the edges a bit with it.

Edit: it actually seems Zampa is out because his partner is having their first child. Can't believe he's breeding stock tbh. I also remain of the view that blokes refusing to play because they're having a kid is ****ing atrocious. This is a hill I am prepared to die on.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

I would have thought it common sense that Zampa shouldn't be reproducing. Good leg-spinner gene stocks though I guess.

Don't mind Cummins not being in the T20 set up, he should be focusing on other formats and he's not that great anyway (though definitely better than Kane Richardson).

Wondering why picked the wrong Richardson actually. Jhye is far superior. Hope he isn't somehow injured again