• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

Gob

International Coach
If Estraya win this, that would set the border gavaskar series nicely as I fully expect them to brush aside SA and WI at home

cnerd123

likes this
I think the SLCB will lose quite a bit in broadcasting and sponsorship money if this tour does not go ahead. If it proceeds that money will probably go some way towards paying coaches, players, groundsmen and other individuals who make their living from cricket. Dunnow how corrupt the SLCB is, but fair to assume a certain % of that money will just line the pockets of the incompetent administrators too.

If this tour goes ahead and the situation is deemed safe enough for tourists then yea that the spending from Aussie fans should boost the local economy too.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's obviously far from the most obvious concern with regards to Sri Lanka right now but surely this has to be canned/delayed. The country seems to be on the brink of disintegration and a general breakdown in public order.

Spark

Global Moderator
DFAT has put a "reconsider travel" advisory for SL now. Really don't see how this tour can happen, or that it should happen.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator

so presumably now the tour will have to go ahead to raise funds for buying medicine, excellent

Aritro

International Regular
So this bloke just got selected in Sri Lanka's T20 squad. That's probably the most astonishing bowling action I've seen on a quick.