• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Good effort from the A-teamz chased down 300 with 7 wickets In hand. Unbeaten century for green and runs for kez and Renshaw.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not odd. Wicket where they bowled 30 overs of spin. I wouldn't be too concerned that the no. 4-batting seam-bowling allrounder didn't bowl for this one game

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Wicket where they bowled 30 overs of spin. I wouldn't be too concerned that the no. 4-batting seam-bowling allrounder didn't bowl for this one game
The aussie selectors are on record saying they'll conserve Green's bowling as much as possible. Think he'll bowl in the main games.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Meanwhile David hits 62(32) for the Lancs. Pick him ffs.
I can't see how he's not an auto pick for the t20 side. Bit of juggling to do with the top seven but with Marsh and Maxwell in the top order able to bowl at least four overs between them, then you don't even need Stoinis tbh. But even then you can have him at seven if you have a genuine top order keeper.

TheJediBrah

I can't see how he's not an auto pick for the t20 side. Bit of juggling to do with the top seven but with Marsh and Maxwell in the top order able to bowl at least four overs between them, then you don't even need Stoinis tbh. But even then you can have him at seven if you have a genuine top order keeper.
My opinion has always been that he's a bit of a domestic bully who can hammer sub-par attacks but would be found wanting against proper international bowlers. But then some of these international teams don't seem to be any stronger than BBL/IPL sides anyway.

Also I very well could be wrong but he wouldn't fill me with confidence going up against a Bumrah, Ashwin or Rabada type bowler

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My opinion has always been that he's a bit of a domestic bully who can hammer sub-par attacks but would be found wanting against proper international bowlers.
You can say the same about McDermott, Short et al. He's worth a go, especially as we've struggled a bit with the finisher role recently.

Daemon

I agree with TJB but the lad deserves a spot in the reserves at the very least.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think he has done enough to merit a spot as a finisher. Not like Australia have many running around. In fact, not many running around even at the overall international level.

Himannv

International Coach
I have to admit I wasn’t so keen on this tour, but the appeal for humanitarian aid has changed my mind. That’s nice and certainly any help we get is welcome.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You know I just can't see how that bowing attack failed to defend that score lol. At least Kuhneman was good.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
https://www.cricket.com.au/news/mat...overlooked-test-preparation-report/2022-06-10. Head out of the ODI squad to play the 2 4-day games with Aus-A. Feels wierd they would tell head to prioritize red ball and not green, especially given there reasoningof head being " surplus to requirements." when we have 3 openers total in the odi squad now, 2 of which being 35 and potential injury risks, while we have 4 allrounders in the odi squad including green, the other 3 of which all being rightly favoured in the format.