• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Inglis really has done **** all in the (albeit limited) chances he's had for Australia. Not convinced by his keeping skills either, let alone that his method would be anything other than that of a sitting duck in these anti-cricket conditions.
He's done alright in the t20I;s hes played tbh. Still averaing 27 @140 despite being run out for a diamond duck last time he played.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Let's be realistic though, there's absolutely no reason to think that Josh Inglis would come in on a dustbowl turning square and be better than Carey, because he made some runs in a league T20 tournament on bouncy roads

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah I don't think they really have a choice on this deck other than to be as positive as reasonably possible, but it's shaping up as a 3 to 3.5 day test atm for sure, whoever, wins.
There are times when big spinning tracks both slow down and offer less sharp turn as the game goes on, which makes survival a bit easier later in the game (eg - 1st Test Vs NZ for India last year). Dunno if this pitch will be like that, but there is always that chance.

Burgey

Let's be realistic though, there's absolutely no reason to think that Josh Inglis would come in on a dustbowl turning square and be better than Carey, because he made some runs in a league T20 tournament on bouncy roads
I think it's safe to say Inglis should be nowhere near the test side until he produces evidence of having voted Labor at the 2022 federal election

Burgey

The cat and fiddle was excellent. Ridiculously good value feed. $50 for two mains and a bottle of Bunnamagoo Tempranillo. Mrs Burgey had the duck ragu and I had a wagyu steak. Couldn't fault it. Place was understandably packed. I don't know how they make a quid on it tbh.

Burgey

Assuming a dry pitch, should the damp conditions effect spin at all?
Might soften the seam a bit maybe?

Looks pretty foreboding there rn. Hopefully they get on sooner rather than later.

In working out the prettiest settings for international grounds, I think this one has to be right up there with Dharmasala and Cape Town. Can't think of many better.

Obviously some of the worst would be Brisbane, Birmingham and the City which Dares not Speak its Name.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
The cat and fiddle was excellent. Ridiculously good value feed. $50 for two mains and a bottle of Bunnamagoo Tempranillo. Mrs Burgey had the duck ragu and I had a wagyu steak. Couldn't fault it. Place was understandably packed. I don't know how they make a quid on it tbh.
That's a ****ing steal