• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I will reiterate my laughing at everyone who thought the Aussies had suddenly "figured out" how to bat in the subcontinent
I mean tbf I don't think many of our batsmen did too much wrong bar carey in the first dig and marnus+Warner in the second dig. The balls to get marnus, warner and ussie in the first innings where all absolute seeds, same with the balls to get head, ussie, and green in the second dig. Sri-lankan spinners just outbowled us.

With that in mind, head should still never play another game in the subcontinent until he figures out his **** vs spin, looked clueless. Worried that hey'll farm runs against the Windies this summer and cement his spot.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Lot's of positives to take from this tour aswell. Smith looked back to his best, that 144* was the exact kind of inning's prime smith played in the SC, just didn't look like getting out. Marnus found some runs, green averaged 40+ and played a few match turning innings, usman was excellent and carey was extremely good with the bat. His glovework to spin needs some SERIOUS work though, cost us big time.