• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Well that’s the game 😂

Also shows why two match series suck. Gets knocked over and run out one innings, chops on after getting to 50 this one. See you later Australia we’ll see you in another 8 years
I think 2 match series actually favours a class batsman because the more you play the harder it is to have a higher average.

If a class batsman knows he's got a 2 match series lined up , he knows he has to perform for 4 innings max ..
No long tours where more concentration, fitness etc is needed to maintain elite performance.

A 2 match series can work both ways, you can have a series like the one you mentioned but you can also hit 3 100's in 4 innings like the one Williamson managed vs South Africa which will balloon your batting average..

Can't be a coincidence that Sangakkara and Williamson average so high playing mostly 2 & 3 match series.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I think 2 match series actually favours a class batsman , the more you play the harder it is to have a higher average..

If a class batsman knows he's got a 2 match series lined up , he knows he has to perform for 4 innings max ..No long tours where more concentration, fitness etc is needed..

A 2 match series can work both ways, you can have a series like the one you mentioned but you can also hit 3 100's in 4 innings like the one Williamson managed vs South Africa which will balloon your batting average..

Can't be a coincidence that Sangakkara and Williamson average so high playing mostly 2 & 3 match series.
Word salad

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This match in a vastly more interesting position than I would've expected at start-of-play. Tomorrow *could* be very interesting.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Latham is New Zealand's 7th highest run scorer in Tests ..
Over 2000 runs in NZ @44 and it's a difficult place for openers historically, a lot of great openers in recent past have struggled there , Smith is a novice opener and Labuschagne hasn't been great away from home yet ..I think Latham can surprise you guys on this tour.
My boy doing me proud , I had faith in Latham

King Kane

International Debutant
A pretty good day for us all things considered, we aren't favourites yet but we have at least got it back to a 50/50 game and are showing some fight.