• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don’t know what the answer is but marsh and head in the same line up make me feel quite uncomfortable with the middle order
I think Marsh is probably nothing more than a shortish-medium term selection tbh given his age. I think the longish term answer is they find an opener, Smith goes to four, Green to five and Head bats six.

Matt Henry been a one man army this series for NZ. Terrific individual performance with bat and ball. Good cricketer.

Meridio

International Regular
The gap between Henry and the rest of our attack at the moment is the Grand Canyon. He's hitting the pitch hard, in good areas consistently, nipping them in either direction. The others just looking so pedestrian (Sears obv yet to bowl this morning, hope he can back up from a decent spell yesterday) and its so frustrating given that we all knew this was the case.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Marsh is probably nothing more than a shortish-medium term selection tbh given his age. I think the longish term answer is they find an opener, Smith goes to four, Green to five and Head bats six.

Matt Henry been a one man army this series for NZ. Terrific individual performance with bat and ball. Good cricketer.
Green staying four and Smith going to five is another option. That said Smith may not outlast Marsh considering their respective ages.

I am getting less enthused by Smith opening now.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I like the regular (slight) shape away Sears gets, would be good if he can develop one that goes on straight on, or wobble seam that may nip in towards the stumps.

Meridio

International Regular
Nice start from Sears, first couple of balls looked a bit sluggish but picked up the pace as the over went on. Last one slipped well wide but tbh to Carey there's every chance he goes chasing that loosely

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year

Smith is not long term. Probably got 2 years, 3 years tops. And Khawaja also won't be around, so Marsh should outlast both.

Plus Green and Head won't move from 4 and 5 respectively given their ages and potential ability.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Southee on 4/370 for the home summer, concede another 0/30 for the hundred average.

Whenever he's beaten the bat this match it's been from too short a length.

jcas0167

International Debutant
The gap between Henry and the rest of our attack at the moment is the Grand Canyon. He's hitting the pitch hard, in good areas consistently, nipping them in either direction. The others just looking so pedestrian (Sears obv yet to bowl this morning, hope he can back up from a decent spell yesterday) and its so frustrating given that we all knew this was the case.
The old Mike Gatting quip in Hadlee's day about facing the World XI from one end and the Ilford second XI from the other.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Don't know why we still haven't bowled a spinner this innings when two of the four seamers aren't worth bowling. Rachin should have bowled during the RH partnerships, while Phillips would be happy to bowl to Carey.