• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Let's add Neil Broom b. Clarke - but not actually b. Clarke at all - via Haddin's gloves in an ODI around 2010 sometime. I think it was the same series where Clarke took a 'catch' off Gareth Hopkins where both his hands were on top of the ball and the ball was resting on the ground - a technique I'd never seen before or since. But then umpire Ponting gave it out at slip so Hoppy had to go.

The Nigel Llong 'it could have been anything' one is the worst in our storied rivalry. The underarm was legal, albeit morally bankrupt, but if you've lived in Australia you know that the moral code is written in Swahili and no-one's ever bothered to read it. I still remember where I was when Nigel decided a blob on hotspot created at the same time the ball passed Lyon's bat could have been a cicada, a drip of sweat or even a birth mark that bat had recently developed.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It's like having a casual arrangement with a 9/10 girl. If she calls you're damn well going to be there in 15 minutes no matter what you're doing. But you can't expect her to turn up whenever you feel like it. She's got other priorities.
Does this still apply when she was 9/10 twenty years ago - might still think she is - looks 7/10 on the days she's done up but has put in a few appearances lately where she's completely embarrassed herself?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does this still apply when she was 9/10 twenty years ago - might still think she is - looks 7/10 on the days she's done up but has put in a few appearances lately where she's completely embarrassed herself?
heh

I would say it applies anytime there's an imbalance in demand between the 2 parties involved.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's like having a casual arrangement with a 9/10 girl. If she calls you're damn well going to be there in 15 minutes no matter what you're doing. But you can't expect her to turn up whenever you feel like it. She's got other priorities.
Still using NDIS as a dating service I see

Gob

International Coach
Haha this is really good

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Hahaha I get the feeling this thread is going to be really good fun. It already is, more than a week out

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Noted truth teller Blocky also said Cairns actually told him it DID happen. The whole incident eally leaves me with trust in authority shaken to the core.
That's like two people saying the same thing happened

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Ol' Trenty aye. If I was better at memes, I could create a 'break glass in case of limited overs tournament' with a picture of Trent in the casing.

I'm flogging a dead horse but it is such a ****ing shame that one of our best Test bowlers of all time is going to pass over the series against Australia to play two largely irrelevant T20s, and probably piss off to Monaco after that to play in a T5 event.