• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Nah, the Aussie side is far superior, as they always are, and will bury NZ as they always do.

Then, as they always do, Kiwi supporters will refuse to accept that their side is just objectively inferior and try to blame the loss on some Australia-specific psychological issue
Australia are absolutely a better side, no argument. The average margin of defeat is absolutely not reflective of the skill gap though - we should have at least competed in the last tour.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I can't believe it's been eight years since Australia last played tests here. For a country that is three hours flight away, that's madness.

Henry, Latham, Santner, Southee, Wagner and Williamson are the only survivors in the squad from back then. Actually surprised it's that many.

Nicholls made his test debut in the series. And Mark Craig top scored in the first innings of the series with 41* off 57. #ConvertMarkCraig

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I can't believe it's been eight years since Australia last played tests here. For a country that is three hours flight away, that's madness.

Henry, Latham, Santner, Southee, Wagner and Williamson are the only survivors in the squad from back then. Actually surprised it's that many.

Nicholls made his test debut in the series. And Mark Craig top scored in the first innings of the series with 41* off 57. #ConvertMarkCraig
I always feel like Aus tours of NZ aren't desirable partly due to the fact we're another southern hemisphere country and they never want to tour during a time when they could be earning $$$$ working from home.

Especially for daytime matches which don't line up well for Aussies and their workday. Fewer eyes on a tv set.

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
I always feel like Aus tours of NZ aren't desirable partly due to the fact we're another southern hemisphere country and they never want to tour during a time when they could be earning $$$$ working from home.

Especially for daytime matches which don't line up well for Aussies and their workday. Fewer eyes on a tv set.
I think a split 5 Test series would be great. 1st Test at the Gabba, 2nd and 3rd Test at Auckland and Wellington, 4th Test boxing day at MCG and then 5th Test at Sydney for New Years. Just need NZ to get some world class bowlers to make it interesting 😀

RMBolton

U19 12th Man
I've always felt the "same home season" excuse that's routinely trotted out is bull. If NZ can block out Dec-Jan to go to Australia in their peak Test season, then they can block out Feb-Mar to come in ours. There's no excuse. There are at least more excuses in dealing with South Africa.
And well, the gap between this tour & the last one is the second longest gap between Australian Test tours to NZ.

Flem274*

123/5
I've always felt the "same home season" excuse that's routinely trotted out is bull. If NZ can block out Dec-Jan to go to Australia in their peak Test season, then they can block out Feb-Mar to come in ours. There's no excuse. There are at least more excuses in dealing with South Africa.
And well, the gap between this tour & the last one is the second longest gap between Australian Test tours to NZ.
It's because they're big 3 and we aren't.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've always felt the "same home season" excuse that's routinely trotted out is bull. If NZ can block out Dec-Jan to go to Australia in their peak Test season, then they can block out Feb-Mar to come in ours. There's no excuse.
It's like having a casual arrangement with a 9/10 girl. If she calls you're damn well going to be there in 15 minutes no matter what you're doing. But you can't expect her to turn up whenever you feel like it. She's got other priorities.