• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Sounds like it was a fun game. Only surprised it didn’t go into super overs (in which naturally Southee would have bowled).

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Dark day - Losing to a Marsh and someone from the 36th ranked team in the world (Singapore). At least we poach from mighty Hong Kong (no 21).

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Crazy that none of
Clarkson, Phillips, Ravindra, and Chapman bowled at all when everyone except Lockie got tonked.

Phillips to the 2 lefthanded openers in the powerplay in game 2 might be an option

jcas0167

International Debutant
Crazy that none of
Clarkson, Phillips, Ravindra, and Chapman bowled at all when everyone except Lockie got tonked.

Phillips to the 2 lefthanded openers in the powerplay in game 2 might be an option
Ha, I forgot Clarkson was playing. Great atmosphere at the ground. Catching Inglis might have cost us the game. Felt that there was little chance Southee could contain those two for less than 16 off the last over so was pleasantly surprised he almost pulled it off.

BTW. Could we bring in Mitch Hay so Conway doesn't have to keep?

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't usually love the 200+ runfest T20s, but it was hard not to enjoy that game and the finish. Great win for Australia in the end.

Hoping for better bowling from both sides in Auckland (and some decent fielding from our lot too, preferably).

King Kane

International Debutant
Southee missed that last yorker pretty badly, but jeez the more I see it that’s a fairly routine stop for Phillips and a win for us
Southee should have been trying to bowl that yorker on off stump or outside it instead of on the pads.

Even if you miss the yorker on that line it's harder for the batsman to hit the ball for four or six, Phillips still should have stopped that shot though.

Just a lack of execution with the ball and in the field at the end, we got a lot right tonight but we need to get better at closing out games.

Southee just isn't a good death bowler in T20s or ODIs, we either need to get Boult back or find someone else to bowl in that role.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't usually love the 200+ runfest T20s, but it was hard not to enjoy that game and the finish. Great win for Australia in the end.

Hoping for better bowling from both sides in Auckland (and some decent fielding from our lot too, preferably).
These are the two most likeable sides in world cricket, in fact in world sport. Can’t help but enjoy contests between them

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Crazy that none of

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, one bowler too many in this team now. Sodhi can be sacrificed for a batsman till Bracewell gets fit and he can be dumped once and for all.