• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia Tour of India 2019

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Greater AB, Butler, Bairstow and Jadhav are the only batsmen who have strike rate of 100+ and average 40+ in ODIs (min 1000 runs).

h_hurricane

We've always known this team is excellent at chasing middling scores. Karthik and Pandya are the only reliable ones (down the order) in a 300+ chase.
Looking at the framework of this team and given the fact that he is out of the ODI team, I don't see Karthik making it for the world cup. Pandya replacing Shankar would definitely help in 300+ chases.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Pandya does score quick but he doesn't score big to be reliable player for 300+ chases. He is no Yuvraj. Not yet.

h_hurricane

Pandya does score quick but he doesn't score big to be reliable player for 300+ chases. He is no Yuvraj. Not yet.
Hmm, probably yes. One good thing about him is he does not waste time. A 20 ball 30 from him could be of real help in 300+ chases. He is no Yuvraj and certainly no Kohli. Dhoni at 5(grafter), Jadhav at 6(brisk scorer) and Pandya at 7(6th gear) could be really a handy well rounded combination in a big run chase. Without top 3 contributing, I would still give up in a 330+ chase though.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looking at the framework of this team and given the fact that he is out of the ODI team, I don't see Karthik making it for the world cup. Pandya replacing Shankar would definitely help in 300+ chases.
He should be though.

Dhoni at 4, Jadhav at 5, Karthik at 6, Pandya at 7 gives India a decent chance to chase 300+

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Jadhav's round arm bowling was irritating enough I assume. Now he has even started bending his knee and delivering from almost a squat position. What a troll.

h_hurricane

He should be though.

Dhoni at 4, Jadhav at 5, Karthik at 6, Pandya at 7 gives India a decent chance to chase 300+
That is a good order. But Rayudu is picked ahead of Karthik mostly, on face value of his higher average. Karthik definitely adds more value in a big chase though as you mentioned.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, probably yes. One good thing about him is he does not waste time. A 20 ball 30 from him could be of real help in 300+ chases. He is no Yuvraj and certainly no Kohli. Dhoni at 5(grafter), Jadhav at 6(brisk scorer) and Pandya at 7(6th gear) could be really a handy well rounded combination in a big run chase. Without top 3 contributing, I would still give up in a 330+ chase though.
Pandya is a useful player at 7 for sure. Not necessarily for being a source of lot of comfort when starting a 300+ chase however.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Damn India's ODI bowling attack is good. I mean I get it's only against Australia, but still..

halba

International 12th Man
So hang on, who here was advocating dropping Jadhav?
hard to measure form vs this Aus very very weak team though. Can he do it against 50% higher score(e.g. England or someone else)

On Form, australia is easily one of the weakest ODI sides past 2-3 years.

England still the side to beat.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Jadhav played a couple of very good scores chasing big totals against England, one successful and one unsuccessful.

aussie tragic

International Captain
With Marsh coming in next game, who will be dropped? I would drop Finch, however assume Langer will drop Turner so that Maxwell is pushed down to #6