• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

howardj

International Coach
Really looking forward to the game tonight.

It's so hard to stay up late on a Friday though, after you've flogged yourself all week. :ph34r:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
He's a shock bowler. That's what he does. Of course he's a two-length bowler. As for the above example well, I live in Adelaide and you'll notice if you look back that 500+ scores have been the norm for years in Tests and the weather here is usually sunny and hot in summer with little to no rain. You don't get less swing friendly than that yet Tait's taken wickets. He's only played three Tests so I'd think we'd need a bit more time before evaluating him as a Test match bowler.
I would like to see the scores in the FC games in which he has taken the wickets though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I would like to see the scores in the FC games in which he has taken the wickets though.
I think they'd be misleading. You're obviously not going to score much as a batting team if Shaun Tait rips through your lineup, and the South Australian batting lineup is dire.

sideshowtim

Banned
We're batting.

MacGill still in the team....ughhhhhhh. It's 12 vs 10 out there. He will give them simple runs and 2 simple wickets.

aussie tragic

International Captain
So Gayle is out......at least Jaques and Katich now doesn't look so bad....bring back the good ole days when Australia always sent an extra opener on tour (SOS to Rogers or even better Hughes).....

...watch them both ton up now ;)

stumpski

International Captain
Crowd looks pitiful - would be poor at a midweek CC match. You'd think a few more might have wanted to be present at the first day of Test cricket here.

sideshowtim

Banned
Crowd looks pitiful - would be poor at a midweek CC match. You'd think a few more might have wanted to be present at the first day of Test cricket here.
Windies fans have to be the biggest bandwagoners in world cricket. You couldn't get into the stadiums in the 80s and now look at it...Even when Australia, India and England aren't doing so well they still pack them in. Talk about singing when you're winning. Pitiful.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Windies fans have to be the biggest bandwagoners in world cricket. You couldn't get into the stadiums in the 80s and now look at it...Even when Australia, India and England aren't doing so well they still pack them in. Talk about singing when you're winning. Pitiful.
Haha, blindly forgetting about things like economy and inflation.

sideshowtim

Banned
It's not just this Test mate, but every other Test in recent times...even the World Cup was poorly attended. They truly are a group of nations that only get behind their team when they're doing well.

stumpski

International Captain

I could understand that in Zimbabwe, but is this really such a poor country? I suspect the entrance charge isn't as exorbitant (in relation to wages) as it is here, where most people have to hand over a day's pay to see Test cricket. Could be mistaken though.

aussie tragic

International Captain
It's not just this Test mate, but every other Test in recent times...even the World Cup was poorly attended. They truly are a group of nations that only get behind their team when they're doing well.
Not true....The WC was ridiculous in the both the prices they charged and the restictions on things like drums etc.......I was lucky enough to visit Jamaica last year and they are the most relaxed happy go lucky people I've ever met....paradise Mon!....they just can't afford to pay the stupid prices asked for cricket matches......

stumpski

International Captain
Anyway, at least there are a few Aussie supporters there. Looks like they might have plenty to cheer today as well - 24-0.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think you'll find the ridiculously high ticket prices are/were to blame.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like it is going to rain which is very good news from a West Indian perspective for this wicket is flat as ****. If Haydos was playing he would have already danced down the track and dispatched one of the West Indian bowlers into the stand.