• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Sri Lanka 2016

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't have an argument with any of that Burgs. I'm mostly just thankful that after 5 years or so the selectors have finally seemed to accept that Lyon and SOK are clearly our best two spin options.

If Lyon has a good series (even if SOK has a slightly better one) then he will keep his place when we go back to bouncy decks because WPNCOS.

But if SOK towels em up with bat and ball like the warm up?

I wouldn't be discounting the possibility. I reckon this series is almost made to measure for O'Keefe.
Good point. It's easier to swallow O'Keefe being selected behind just Lyon than it has been when he was basically the only grade-level spinner who didn't get a test

Burgey

Truth be told, he must be a ****.

Then again, Shane Warne played test cricket for 16 years, so I dunno.

adub

International Captain
Now I'm just angry that I have to wait until next Tuesday for the game to start.

SOK and Herath to be the series leading wicket takers respectively which will be almost unique in test history surely

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Truth be told, he must be a ****.

Then again, Shane Warne played test cricket for 16 years, so I dunno.
Actually, from all accounts O'Keefe may be the only man in the side to be capable of reading books without pictures in them.

He was doomed from the moment he began his career

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah isn't O'Keefe unfancied because he is a bit intellectual? Which I am assuming terrifies the likes of 'Boof' et al.

Top_Cat

Australian cricket just doesn't like 'contributors' except as a stop-gap while they wait for a real cricketer to be born. O'Keefe is a contributor, Lyon is a gun even if Lyon's actual numbers support the former. Look at what Lehmann himself said the other day:

He's been excellent for NSW, had a lot of success in Shield cricket, his 200th first-class wicket today so pleased for him," Lehmann said of O'Keefe. "He's worked really hard, he's a really lively, buzzy character for us and played exactly the role we want him to play over here in this game. Bats really well, fields really well and complements Nathan really well, spinning the other way.
'nuff said. Have always said that when coaches and skippers talk publicly in terms of the numbers of a guy, it's because privately they don't rate them.

Last edited:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Hi mate, TBH, I don't know!! Personally I do rate him but I know he recently got injured so not sure if he is for(who is nowadays as a sl bowler these days ??) O haven't seen much of him bit I do like what I have seen so hope he will get a chance soon..