• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Briony

International Debutant
It's the first ODI series win for Aust. against SA in four series. Proteas seem to be struggling a bit in this format atm, with guys like du Plessis in the middle order when you need a finisher or hitter. Too much of the same. If old man Hussey can still steer his team home you'd think they would have someone else to fill that role. They've lost faith in Albie.

Cummins seems faster than Steyn atm. Morkel lacks consistency in this format.

Harris will really strengthen the Aussie attack who should enjoy a bowling edge over their counterparts with Johnson loving SA pitches and greater depth to call upon.

Last edited:

hang on

State Vice-Captain
Next up: the most tantalisingly short test match series since the two test series between India and SA.
given the oodles of time between the odi matches, they could easily have scheduled another test. or, at the very least, made it a 5 odi series.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Think he means the 3rd ODI, we were crusing to a win:

-Marsh tried to late cut a ball on middle stump
-Haddin had a brain fart with Steyn having 7 balls remaining, and then
-Mitch played one of the loosest shots of all time having a wild whoosh outside off leaving Cummins in the hot seat.
Hasn't Marsh got out that way in every innings of the tour so far? It felt like ground hog day. He must be a slow learner.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also reckon against teams with attitude Kallis needs a strong partner. If Amla doesn't score runs with ABDev being out and Smith being ****, I get the feeling the pressure of being the go-to guy will curtail his scoring somewhat.

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
tl; dr, he didn't deserve to get picked before '05.
nar it's ok we read it. But tbh, even though I can't back it up with postings years ago, I was picking him. Was picking North back then too. Don't care if stats say no. North has a line through him ftr.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Masive blow for South Africa if he isn't fit.

To my mind, Smith, Amla, Kallis and Duminy would make up the top 4; leaving a slightly suspect and inexperienced middle order....
Think you might be mixing up the Test and ODI sides. Rudolph will be there as Rob says, Prince will come back in and Mark Boucher may not be that great a bat these days, but he's got no shortage of experience.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cummins 12th man yeeeeeeees

Twitter

Aus v Sth Africa A @ Potchefstroom. Watson, Hughes, Marsh, Ponting, Clarke, Hussey, Haddin, Johnson, Copeland, Siddle, Lyon, Cummins (12th)

wouldn't have played hussey but w/ever

Ruckus

International Captain
Oh that's great. So it's Copeland vs Siddle I guess, assuming they aren't looking to play 4 quicks in the first test.

Ruckus

International Captain
**** Copes getting smashed. Going by the economies, you'd swear they have got the name tags wrong on cricinfo haha.

SeamUp

International Coach
this saffers a team looks pretty useless
Not entirely true.

Talking FC cricket and not limited over players.

We are missing Rilee Rossouw & Heino Kuhn to injury who would have been in the team.

Marchant De Lange is a young fast-bowling prospect picked on potential.

Stiaan Van Zyl is just as elegant as anything when he bats. Its a priviledge to watch his cover drive, back-foot punch and short-arm jab pull. They are ridculous. Dean Elgar who is batting with Van Zyl currently, is a future Proteas test captain for mine, dubbed that about 3 years ago when he was 20. Hopefully haven't put the mockers on them. :unsure:

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
would have been in the team.
Cheers for the inside scoop, I don't know the players, just had a scope of the FC records and the 2 young blokes you mentioned looked like the only batting on offer. 2 wickets and we are into the tail.

copes :-O