• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

I like Mitchell Johnson very much. More for his batting than bowling. He looks so unencumbered at the crease and hits excellently through the line and cleanly. He might be fighting a losing cause here, but he makes it look worth every salt of test cricket.

I really hope he carries the same attitude and aggressiveness to his bowling. Right now, he tends to ride his luck more often and thrives on batsmen making mistakes. He is quite young, and will be the pillar of many a Australian victories in the future.

Steulen

International Regular
Allowing for Clark returning to the squad in place of McGain, I don't think MacDonalds is under much pressure and would make it to the Heathrow bound Qantas.
IMO Marcus North is the one whose position is safe. McDonald might get on the plane to England, but only as a back-up squad member, and only if he gets a decent score here.

IMO Marcus North is the one whose position is safe. McDonald might get on the plane to England, but only as a back-up squad member, and only if he gets a decent score here.
True. I am sure North would make the final XI ahead of McDonald, if such a case arises.

Barring injuries, I'd be not surprised to see the following XI walking into the SWALEC (God forbid :dry:) Stadium for the Baggy Greens:

S Katich
P Hughes
R Ponting (c)
M Clarke (Vc)
M Hussey (demoted a place for bad run of form)
M North
B Haddin (wk)
A McDonald/B Lee
M Johnson
B Hilfenhaus/Clark
P Siddle

Ponting will have to choose two from Mc, Lee, Hause, and Clark. I think the results might be based a lot on the results in warm up matches preceding the Ashes. My gutsy prediction is that Lee and Clark would make the cut.