• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

inbox24

International Debutant
I remember saying we'd had lost the series after we were 3 down for not many in the first test back in Australia. And I was right.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember saying we'd had lost the series after we were 3 down for not many in the first test back in Australia. And I was right.
When you predict impending doom every four-and-a-half overs the way you do, you're bound to get it right every now and then.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Van: "What is going to happen to SA test side is Boucher will be dropped to make way for the 2 Morkel brothers, De Villiers will do the keeping. Sad but thats the way the cooky crumbles."

The above is from Cricinfo. If anyone read the Telegraph today, I think it said that AB had no interest in taking up the gloves.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Morkel has bowled nicely, I've been a detractor but fair play if he continues to do this..

Why couldn't we have bowled like this after my 30 hour journey the other week? Sick of it,,

inbox24

International Debutant
Just thought about this, but in about 5 years time Australia are gonna have another mass exodus of retirements of almost 70% of the team. That will really screw us over.

Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Hussey
Hodge
Lee
Clark
McGain

It's sickening to think about, we'll have to be relying on guys like Marsh and White in tests which is absolutely wrong.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Just thought about this, but in about 5 years time Australia are gonna have another mass exodus of retirements of almost 70% of the team. That will really screw us over.

Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Hussey
Hodge
Lee
Clark
McGain

It's sickening to think about, we'll have to be relying on guys like Marsh and White in tests which is absolutely wrong.
?

Players retire all the time, you will be defined by how you fare after Warne and McGrath, not that bunch.. Hodge? McGain?

Briony

International Debutant

Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Hussey
Hodge
Lee
Clark
McGain

Not the way M.Hussey is batting and his brother's never done anything exceptional on the international scene. Hodge's been as good as gone for three years now, McGain's unproven. Ponting is obviously the big loss there. Siddle is looking an adequate replacement for Clark.

Redbacks

International Captain
can remember Richard mentioning dropped chances always seem to hurt SA v Australia at home, well looks like history is repeating again.