• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

Andy1867

Cricket Spectator
Depends on how far CA want to go to grab the "Moral high ground" they seem to feel the need to inhabit....
I found the comments about "Banter" from the S.A crowds to be way beyond ludicrous...even before this last couple of days.
"Over the line" I believe they said..while you watch John snow getting beer cans thrown at him, the "Warm" welcome from everyone at the "WACCA" to any visiting team, and the sledging that Australia seem rather proud of, but when they get it back, find it hard to cope with.
A lifetime ban is way beyond harsh, because EVERY nation has more or less done it, and I suspect its more or less accepted in the modern game, but when exposed, we have this "Faux" outrage from ex players like Nasser Hussain etc, its bloody transparent to anyone , if you take the team you actually follow out of the equation...no bias...you simply have to accept it.
Smiths interview was beyond the pale...He should have simply aid "Fair cop..We did it, they do it, everyone does it..We got caught"..because thats simply what it amounts to.
He tried to be in some way "Honourable" by stating it was a decision made by the "Leadership" team, but "I'm not going to name names"................Well thanks a bundle Sir Lancelot.
"I may be cheat, but I'm no grass"......yea..thats a massive distinction....isn't it?

Bolo

State Captain
This is clickbait headlining at its worst. All that this means is that the maximum allowable penalty under CA rules is a lifetime ban, not that there is any realistic possibly of it being enforced here. This is ball tampering, not match- fixing. Nobody wants to see crazy bans being handed out to the players here.

Except maybe for Warner. I'd be happy to see him banned for life. But that's more on general principle than due to his actions ?

Heboric

International Debutant
Lovely day at the cricket.

Cant argue with the boys performance

Had a tear in my eye at Morkels performance.

Now dont stuff it up in Joburg. Go for 3 - 1