• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2013/14

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Does anyone actually know the story with Siddle's pace? there was a time not that long ago where he operated at a harris level, consistently around the 140 or more mark. But now i'd say it's probably generous to say his average speed is 135. Clearly he is as fit as ever so i dont really get it.
He stopped eating meat, eggs & dairy.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Nice. So this is how MJ is going to bowl when he tours India. Home record should be okay. Was scared for a moment.

Ruckus

International Captain
Role.

In the main, over the past 24 months, he's operated in the low 130s, maybe in the middle of a good spell up around 140. Also been the period where he's bowled at his best.
hmm yeah i think it might be a bit of both. He does occasionally still get into the low 140's, but I swear he used to get the odd ball to go into the late 140's. I'm not sure he can even hit that peak anymore. But your right I think a large part of it could be a conscious effort by him to focus on control over pace. He's been pretty uncanny in his ability to always pick a couple of wickets here and there over the past year or so, but if I'm honest ive been pretty surprised by the fruits of his labor. I cant see him maintaining the trend if he continues to bowl in the same way. It's very consistent, but it's one dimensional, with unremarkable pace, movement and bounce. I think the peak of his bowling occurred during the series against India in Aus...he bowled quick, full and just had a much higher intensity - he was a genuine threat and didn't just play a support role. I'd like to see him try and move back into that direction tbh.

Edit: now that I look at his record actually, it's pretty much exactly what you'd expect...in 2012 (which included that India series) he averaged 23 with a SR of 47. Yet last year he averaged 30.22 with a SR of 67. It's still passable, but I think he can do better than that.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
If it stays much the same, I'll be pretty surprised if any of the bowlers manage to get anything out of this wicket...just so slow and placid.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
loving the band..nice to see FAF prove my predictions wrong and get some runs but has to be big score from here...