• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
age_master said:
did the Aussie guy mention Pakistan by any chance?
Strangely he somehow forgot.

Methinks his head wasn't right functioning.. i mean wasn't functioning right.

Quite weirdly he left when Cairns and Oram were going alright, then arrived back when Oram was dismissed, complete with an equally liquored-up friend.

When your side is 80 for 8, there isn't much you can say really.

Natman20

International Debutant
Ming said:
They probably didn't show it on TV, but one of the streakers was magnificent. Side stepped 2 guards, did a goose step to get away from another until he was confronted by guards from all angles. And then the guards found a random pair of shorts and fitted them onto him infront of the sidescreen which caused McMillan to mouth off saying he was distracted....
That was so classic he was a professional streaker. He probably got paid pretty good too although I would hate to think of the consequences. I just sat there laughing hard out as the streaker ran past and did some clssic moves. You have got to say that a lot of the security guys yesterday did some reasonable tackles.

I think all the New Zealanders got themselves out cheaply and that was because of the pressure Brett Lee and Bracken put on them at the beginning and therefore when trying to score runs they tried to hit fours and just got themselves caught or knocked the ball into the wickets..

I think its about time the New Zealand selectors experimented with new batsman what do they have to lose apart from the Chappel Hadlee Series :D

I thought Vettori did very well in his Bowling and as captain to restrict the Aussies to 255 after the Aussies were starting to look dangerous at the beginning.

Great comeback by cairns I thought he bowled well apart from a few balls that were sent into the crowd or the fence but other than that he bolwed really well at the death. Mills has improved so much since two years ago and is having a great season he has been very economical and was so even in the final over of the aussie innings.

I thought Oram was looking good in his batting but then he played a pretty stupid shot to get bowled. Cairns was great and finished the day as the standout performer for New Zealand.

Loved the game even though NZ got thrashed

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Regardless, eighth best! Insane. Hopefully he can pick up a lot more wickets in the next two games.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Crazy Sam said:
i still maintain the supposed 'away' jersey is nothing more than a grab for money from adidas. in the process making our champions look like clowns.
There's going to be a bit of confusion when Australia tour South Africa early next year. :wacko:

Natman20

International Debutant
Thats one of the worst cricketing uniforms I have ever seen excluding all New Zealands past uniforms

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
What's the point, especially if it just makes us look like South Africa, Pakistan, and Australia 'A'?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
burkey_1988 said:
What's the point, especially if it just makes us look like South Africa, Pakistan, and Australia 'A'?
Revenue from people buying the new strip

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ohtani's jacket said:
Is it true the crowd started a "Hogg lost the Ashes!" chant? That's awesome.
Nah, it was "who lost the Ashes?". I must admit to taking part in it.

_Ed_

andyc said:
I notice you conveniently left that out of your CW article.
I did...but chanting happens in every game. Brett Lee was enjoying the chanting, laughing and providing some gestures in reply to "Brett Lee's a w...." :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Natman20 said:
Largest post I have ever written. Was it a waste of time? no of course not :p
Lol I was actually replying to andyc's post where he pointed out Bracken didn't have the best ever ODI bowling average. :p

Top_Cat

Truly frightening bowling from Brett Lee in this match. Everyone is blaming the NZ batsmen but it was high-quality stuff. Easily the scariest spell I've seen from him but what was most remarkable about it was the consistency with which Brett Lee was on a length outside off-stump. The ball was really leaping and when I saw Chris Cairns get the zip he did, I was quite interested in what Brett Lee was going to do with the same conditions.

NZ should really revisit their decision to pick James Marshall too; just because he is Hamish's twin and they have similar FC records, does not mean they are of similar quality. Hamish was undone by excellent bowling whereas James was, well, a bit 'deer-in-the-headlights......

Otherwise, not really a great deal to write home about. The Aussie batsmen were serviceable with only Ponting looking in excellent touch early-on. The bowling was consistent but hardly outstanding. Certainly, if nothing else, the game made a mockery of Mark Richardson for many reasons. :D