• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
I thought that we had a decent chance when I heard that Aus got 250. Then, I got home from cricket and saw that we were 28/5. Disgraceful effort.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
ClownSymonds said:
Hodge is worthless. I don't understand why they feel a need to have him in the team instead of someone like Bevan or Lehmann.
well its just one game, geez give the bloke a chance he can be a good ODI player IMO i have seen enough of him back here playing domestic OD cricket for Lancashire to think so. Plus whats the logic is going back to someone like Bevan or Lehmann when we are building for the future?

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Blaze said:
I don't mind the streakers.. the **** thrown has to stop though.
I think streakers are hilarious, dont get me wrong (especially when we get to see them, al be it from far away, dumped by the guards in the middle of the pitch...). But three in one innnings, PLUS **** throwing? Are they completely incompetant?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a waste of an afternoon. N.Z. should have been able to get somewhere close to 253. What an absolute joke. Only Cairns, Vettori and Styris (bowling) can hold their heads up. They need to get Bond out there with a walking stick if they have to.

cameeel

International Captain
Blaze said:
I am surprised that so many Aussies don't have Fox. Cricket in NZ hasn't been free to air for 10 years.
All the games in Aus are, and the Ashes, but nothing else is

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
cameeel said:
All the games in Aus are, and the Ashes, but nothing else is
Even the Ashes almost didn't go free to air and the Natwest series was only rescued by 7 at the 11th hour.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was terrible. Of the Australian bowlers, it seemed to me at the ground that only Lee bowled well enough to fully deserve the figures he got, and although a couple were out to superb catches I think most of the batsmen should be extremely disappointed with themselves.

Our bowling was good though I thought, with the exception of Franklin and Oram we bowled economically and regularly threatened, some promising signs there. Vettori was superb, 2-29 from ten and one over with four LBW appeals I think it was, great stuff.

Don't open with Vincent again. Please.

Some of the crowd behaviour was very disappointing, but I thought the majority of the crowd was fantastic. Brett Lee was having a great time in front of us in the terraces until a few stupid people started throwing stuff. Some of the chants were hilarious, "we made a hundred! *clap clap clap clap clap*" :laugh:

Last edited:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Geez...what a match...is it just me, or do NZ have a problem against ver fast pace bowling? They seem to succumb to pace quite often...against Sami, Shoaib and now Lee.