• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
Lol, Wagner must feel like the ultimate poor cousin in this side. In pretty much the same way Southee should feel like the spoiled golden boy.
Yup. The best average for the last 12 months in the side; hasn't been in a losing side in forever and even when he gets selected, he's sat out of the attack for 31 overs.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Looks like the plan is to give Smith NOTHING on the stumps

Edit: So then he bowls filth on leg stump and luckily gets away with it

Last edited:

dfrinku

U19 Debutant
When was the last time DRS was actually used in that way? ie the correct way. Credit to the umpires for getting it right more often than not but I don't remember seeing a "howler" reversed.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yup. The best average for the last 12 months in the side; hasn't been in a losing side in forever and even when he gets selected, he's sat out of the attack for 31 overs.
Kiwi fans trolling themselevs at this point. The bloke only bowled against a Sri Lankan side that was woefully unsuited to NZ conditions and in those games he was also held back for an entire session as well. Wagner deserves to be there but in the first hour of a day you want Southee, Henry, Boult bowling.

And heres the man himself.

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
Looks like the plan is to give Smith NOTHING on the stumps

Edit: So then he bowls filth on leg stump and luckily gets away with it
It's the only plan against Smith; just keep him playing outside off. He's so preoccupied with running across the stumps and knocking it into the leg side that he misses out on the offside game.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It's the only plan against Smith; just keep him playing outside off. He's so preoccupied with running across the stumps and knocking it into the leg side that he misses out on the offside game.
I... think Smith is a little better through the off side than you give him credit for. I do agree though that you should bowl to him like a normal batsman, off stump line.

He's had a leg slip and a short midwicket at times this innings so I do think attacking the stumps is part of the plan.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kiwi fans trolling themselevs at this point. The bloke only bowled against a Sri Lankan side that was woefully unsuited to NZ conditions and in those games he was also held back for an entire session as well. Wagner deserves to be there but in the first hour of a day you want Southee, Henry, Boult bowling.

And heres the man himself.
The bigger point is he's been unlucky to miss out on selection a few times this season and if we're to believe the Hesson clan he's only playing this one since Bracewell's injured. So don't think it's inaccurate to label him a poor cousin.

Last edited:

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
I don't mind Wagner feeding Smith's cover drive, only a matter of time before he scoops one to cover.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As much as I love Wagner and his modus operandi, giving Burns the pull is just too easy.

Some wide filth will do the trick