• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

JackPot

U19 12th Man
puntoos animation's with leee

-- CA selectors have some thinking to do in selecting the team for the remainder of the series with lee's avg in higher 50s-- four wickets so far

its obviously peter siddle thats going to be sacked with clark's return from injury, even though siddle outperformed lee in convincing fashion

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
just browsed through the thread, didn't see any cool predictions like

Ponting to do this
Lee to do that
Johnson to do ???

is the place is getting subdued :unsure: or is it that the Indian team is getting 'annoying' too now :-O

'coco' cola, dogs, rats, cats, pups, kittens, .... :laugh:
Huh?

JackPot

U19 12th Man
it all comes to fore again that the so called famed aussie batsmen "CANNOT play reverse swing--- nada...zip....

a repeat of 2005 ashes fiasco

JackPot

U19 12th Man
brett Lee,the fourth most successful bowler in Australian history with 292 wickets yet has been a major disappointment on this tour with just four wickets in the two Tests at the worst average – 59.25.

Lee finished with innings figures of 1-61 and match figures of 2-147.

Lee to turn 32 next month and time for CA to start the hunt for their pace battery as well...not to mention they are doing an incredible job of finding some spinners into their team...

ret

International Debutant
@ Jackpot .... you could easily have put all that in a couple of posts instead of 5-6 :)

JackPot

U19 12th Man
i see , long big paragraphs are preferred i guess....

will do it for ya

Interesting to see some australian meda recalling similar treatment that Gillespie got from ponting in the 2005 ashes and he never had any significant performance after that. Eventually retired soon after that .

Is Lee's career going on the same lines? Lee is much better bowler and am sure CA will take much better care of him than they did for Gillespie

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nielsen backs aggressive tactics

Can't believe what Nielsen is trying to say here, he is actually saying that Australia were going after the target, i mean that's insane and as a coach then to come out and defend such a tactic is even more idiotic.
Firstly, Nielsen is a coach and so his opinion is largely irrelevant

Secondly, he speaks a lot of crap anyway

Basically, all he needed to say was the truth (aside from ball one and Katich's dismissal, every ball was played on its merits by the openers)

JackPot

U19 12th Man

Basically, all he needed to say was the truth (aside from ball one and Katich's dismissal, every ball was played on its merits by the openers)
He still thinks that the game is not lost yet....:ph34r:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
brett Lee,the fourth most successful bowler in Australian history with 292 wickets yet has been a major disappointment on this tour with just four wickets in the two Tests at the worst average – 59.25.

Lee finished with innings figures of 1-61 and match figures of 2-147.

Lee to turn 32 next month and time for CA to start the hunt for their pace battery as well...not to mention they are doing an incredible job of finding some spinners into their team...
Shaun Tait your time has come...

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
it all comes to fore again that the so called famed aussie batsmen "CANNOT play reverse swing--- nada...zip....

a repeat of 2005 ashes fiasco
They weren't out due to swing. They were out because of spin and seam bowling. Hayden and Katich were absolutely tonking their bowlers when they were swinging it early on. It was their batting that made Dhoni look to spin - which worked.

pup11

International Coach
probably, it is risky to select him for long tours due to his mental breakdown problems...
Obviously Tait would be better placed to know where he stands in that regard and since he now feels is good enough to play cricket again, so that probably means he has put those problems behind him.

Last edited:

Precambrian

Banned
I really doubt Tait's credentials in the longer version of the game. I mean, he was **** in the Ashes and he was **** in Perth early this year. I think bit over-hyped he is.

Lee has class, it could be just that he is yet to recover fully from his divorce. They aren't robots, just to shut out personal life out of their professional life. And for starters, hope Ponting puts a little bit more faith in his strike bowler. The way he was handled in this test was crap.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really doubt Tait's credentials in the longer version of the game. I mean, he was **** in the Ashes and he was **** in Perth early this year. I think bit over-hyped he is.

Lee has class, it could be just that he is yet to recover fully from his divorce. They aren't robots, just to shut out personal life out of their professional life. And for starters, hope Ponting puts a little bit more faith in his strike bowler. The way he was handled in this test was crap.
IMO, this sums it up pretty well

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/cr...t-needs-tending/2008/10/20/1224351156908.html

Precambrian

Banned

Disagree. If that been the case, Hayden wouldnt have gone for the almight sweep off the second delivery he faced from Harbhajan. I think they tried to do the WC 03 finals thingy, where all out aggression broke the mentals of Zaheer, Nehra, and Srinath. However, they should have noted that Zaheer is much improved and experienced guy now, and Bhajji too. 49 runs in 7 overs is a statement. Having proved that, I think the openers should have curbed down their strokes a bit against the spinners. Thats what really seperated Sehwag-Gambhir from Hayden-Katich.

JackPot

U19 12th Man
They weren't out due to swing. They were out because of spin and seam bowling. Hayden and Katich were absolutely tonking their bowlers when they were swinging it early on. It was their batting that made Dhoni look to spin - which worked.
hayden was gone for spinner just in this innings....
gone without clue in zaheer's bowling the previous three innings....

ishant and zaheer are able to reverse swing with the ball as old as just 20 overs......