• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India (T20)

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Man these trundlers will be put to sword on True pitches in Australia. Dravid has no clue or about modern cricket. Good to see these guys getting exposed. Batting looks settled at least. Boobie Harshal are not going to win u anything in Australia. Chetan Sharma who himself was a legendary trundler is out of his depth as a selector.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Think alot of the indian posters here are being a bit harsh of boobies. He's gun in the powerplay, just can't bowl in the death. Replace harshal with arshdeep and all of a sudden bhuvi can bowl out upfront or keep one for the 15th with bumrah and arshdeep to cover death. Feel like a spinner who can cover the powerplay like sundar or ashwin would make the attack more well rounded. An attack of Bhuvi, Bumrah, arshdeep, pandya, ashwin/sundar and jadeja/axar is fine for aussie conditions.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What I wanna see as our T20I side.

Rohit
Pant (wk)
Virat
SKY
Hardik
Jaddu/Axar
DK
Harshal/Lord
Chahar/Bhuvi
Bumrah
Bishnoi / Ashwin

And post the WC, I would like to see us invest more in others.

Rahul (c)
Pant (wk)
Hooda
SKY
Jaddu
Hardik
TIlak Verma
Lord
Chahar
Bishnoi
Arshdeep

A line up that has batting till 10, good fielders all around and 8 bowling options.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Think alot of the indian posters here are being a bit harsh of boobies. He's gun in the powerplay, just can't bowl in the death. Replace harshal with arshdeep and all of a sudden bhuvi can bowl out upfront or keep one for the 15th with bumrah and arshdeep to cover death. Feel like a spinner who can cover the powerplay like sundar or ashwin would make the attack more well rounded. An attack of Bhuvi, Bumrah, arshdeep, pandya, ashwin/sundar and jadeja/axar is fine for aussie conditions.
Boobie still has utility in PP especially if India uses him like David Willey. I agree with Arshdeep & Bumrah are good options to have at death.
While Chahal is probably the worst leggie in cricketing world who doesn't even has a basic googly makes this attack looks more Pedestrian.

Overall not a lot to get excited about Indian team at present. I'd be happy if they at least swap Bishnoi for Chahal who is a disgrace to have on a cricketing field... Can't bat, can't field, can't bowl.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Boobie still has utility in PP especially if India uses him like David Willey. I agree with Arshdeep & Bumrah are good options to have at death.
While Chahal is probably the worst leggie in cricketing world who doesn't even has a basic googly makes this attack looks more Pedestrian.

Overall not a lot to get excited about Indian team at present. I'd be happy if they at least swap Bishnoi for Chahal who is a disgrace to have on a cricketing field... Can't bat, can't field, can't bowl.
What is chahal's problem? Consistently tops the wicket charts in the IPL but has been mediocre in T20i's for a few years, particularly vs top nations.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
What is chahal's problem? Consistently tops the wicket charts in the IPL but has been mediocre in T20i's for a few years, particularly vs top nations.
Picks up fluke wickets... Probably relishes bowling on slow surfaces of Chennai, B'lore, Kotla. One trick pony with no variations. At int'l level gets regularly outbowled by Adil Rashid, Shadab, Sodhi, Zampa Hasaranga or heck even by Swepson in Australia. Biggest running fraud in Indian cricket. A player of limited skill set.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't change the top 3 tbh. As long as KL has a mindset change he's a pretty valuable asset at the top.

Rohit
KL
Kohli
SKY
Hardik
DK
Axar
Harshal/Arsedeep/Chahar
Bhuvi
Bumrah
Bishnoi

Assuming Jaddu injured obv.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

I don't know what Chahal was doing the other night. He wasn't even bowling leg-spin, just darting everything straight in basically bowling slow straight balls that skidded on perfectly to the bat. Like try and turn the ball maybe

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
I don't know what Chahal was doing the other night. He wasn't even bowling leg-spin, just darting everything straight in basically bowling slow straight balls that skidded on perfectly to the bat. Like try and turn the ball maybe
Did that throughout Asia cup.. Guy doesn't has skill set of a half decent leggie. Just floats everything outta hope.
A spinner has to be Shane Warne level good if he can't hold a bat &, can't field. This guy is not even good enough for a state side forget about India

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Always feel the ball looks too big for Chahal's hands. And with the frame on him he's never going to be putting much action on it anyway. Just an allround mediocre option to be settling for.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Chahal would be better in an ODI where his more defensive bowling with predictability can fare better as the value of a wicket is more there. The time to bin him in T20 has been long overdue

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Part of me wishes we played him last year so he could have been justifiably dropped now but he continues being the best spinner in IPL and frankly, we have nothing else to go by, so he ends up getting picked. Hopefully the Aussie grounds unlock something in him coz if our main spinner does not fire, we are toast.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Part of me wishes we played him last year so he could have been justifiably dropped now but he continues being the best spinner in IPL and frankly, we have nothing else to go by, so he ends up getting picked. Hopefully the Aussie grounds unlock something in him coz if our main spinner does not fire, we are toast.
At the risk of sounding like a despairing prick, we are toast already. Plain as day to see; far too many old/useless legs in the field, bowling that's ultimately going to depend on a guy coming back from injury, batting that's beginning to get its act together but is still liable to slip into old patterns. Does not inspire confidence.

This Chahal conundrum though; why not just play Ashwin instead (all that experience and his IPL pedigree in general has to count on the big stage in Oz) and Axar for Jadeja as he now anyway will? Why are we making it more complicated than it has to be?

Rohit
KL
Kohli
Surya
Pandya
Pant/Karthik
Axar
Ashwin
Bhuvi/Shami
Bumrah
Arshdeep

If six bowlers are too many - and I feel they are for this format - then lose one spinner and get someone like Hooda in there to boost the batting.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
At the risk of sounding like a despairing prick, we are toast already. Plain as day to see; far too many old/useless legs in the field, bowling that's ultimately going to depend on a guy coming back from injury, batting that's beginning to get its act together but is still liable to slip into old patterns. Does not inspire confidence.

This Chahal conundrum though; why not just play Ashwin instead (all that experience and his IPL pedigree in general has to count on the big stage in Oz) and Axar for Jadeja as he now anyway will? Why are we making it more complicated than it has to be?

Rohit
KL
Kohli
Surya
Pandya
Pant/Karthik
Axar
Ashwin
Bhuvi/Shami
Bumrah
Arshdeep

If six bowlers are too many - and I feel they are for this format - then lose one spinner and get someone like Hooda in there to boost the batting.
I mean we are as good as done... Look at that fielding unit. These guys would struggle to save runs or take catches on those huge Aussie grounds. Probably the worst fielding side in competition. Need all the luck in the world to make even Semis.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Why on earth do we need 30 minutes between the go ahead from the pitch inspection and THE TOSS? FFS 45 minutes between the final go ahead and the first ball is absurd, especially given the time lost.

anil1405

International Captain
Interesting.....don't remember only four bowlers being allowed to bowl before.

Anddddd India stick with Chahal. :thumbup: