• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India (T20)

Gob

International Coach
yeah Australia literally won the last T20 world cup and equalled India in the last ODI world cup. Not sure what hb was on when he said that
Probably worldcups played in India I think. There are few and far between though

Socerer 01

International Captain
Lots of positives to take for both sides TBH. Wade is still class at 7, inglis and david did there part, Green was hugely impressive considering he's never opened before, and ellis was class. Axar showed his class with the ball, and hardik, sky and rahul and performed excellently with the bat.
I don’t think India learnt anything new today though, Axar was always our best option among spinners, Hardik and Sky are class in the middle order for a while and Rahul is always a horse to bet on for a good fifty in a bilateral

Socerer 01

International Captain
I want arshdeep if I were an Indian fan
he is decent but he isn’t the second coming of Wasim Akram like many believe him to be. Bhuvi’s death over woes have distracted from Arshdeep’s rather expensive spells in the powerplay

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I don’t think India learnt anything new today though, Axar was always our best option among spinners, Hardik and Sky are class in the middle order for a while and Rahul is always a horse to bet on for a good fifty in a bilateral
Ehh, sky and rahul had a fairly poor asia cup by their standards bar sky's hongkong blitz and axar's t20I bowling stat's didn't flatter him coming into this game, only plays because management view him as a replacement for Jadeja. Fair point on hardik, forgot he had done well vs england and dominated PAK in the asia cup since returning.

ashley bach

International Captain
lol the usual cuplrits.. kohli, chahal and lord bhuvi. who would have guessed. bye bye WC. heck at this rate we will even lose this inconsequential bilateral. what's going to be interesting is pundits here defending chahal, kohli and lord bhuvi.
Whoa no need to push the panic button just yet, was just a little 3 hour workout which didn't quite go to plan.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Are Australian posters OK if I hop on the Cameron Green hype train? Geez he's a superstar. There won't be enough rupees in print to be able to afford him come next IPL auction time

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah he’s some talent that’s for sure. Kinda not fair to be able to crank it to 140 and be able to bat & field the way he does.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah he’s some talent that’s for sure. Kinda not fair to be able to crank it to 140 and be able to bat & field the way he does.
Reminiscent of the skills Jacques Kallis had. Different players obviously, I don't think Green will ever end up batting three in the longer forms or scoring 45 Test tons at avg 55 (insane to reflect on that) but I think he could certainly average less than 30 with the ball. And depending on your viewpoint, be a better teammate/contributor than Kallis was.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reminiscent of the skills Jacques Kallis had. Different players obviously, I don't think Green will ever end up batting three in the longer forms or scoring 45 Test tons at avg 55 (insane to reflect on that) but I think he could certainly average less than 30 with the ball. And depending on your viewpoint, be a better teammate/contributor than Kallis was.
He's already winning matches so has him beat on that front.