• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India (T20)

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Know this post will get the classic burgey "he's a posh liberal supporting **** response." , which is fair, but can anyone tell me on purely cricketing reason's why they refuse to give inglis a long run? Lads averaged 28 @145 in the middle order so far and played a few decent knocks at international level, but management keep ****ing him around to play 5 bowlers, or randomly pick smith in the middle order or some other bull****. We have green and maxy + 4 bowlers to fill up 5 bowlers workload normally, why pick a fraud like sams?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
That backfoot lofted drive six from wade to the harshal full toss was just something else, extraordinary batting. His sudden development into a quality middle order batsmen at the start of the UAE t20 WC has made this side so much better

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
India could have easily gone with Hooda instead of Chahal since only 4 bowlers were needed.
Dont think that was the case?

Anyways Wade is in such amazing form. You can see by how little he is moving to adjust to each ball and yet is playing the right shot most of the times. He is just picking it so early right now.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This series has confirmed a couple of things I already knew/suspected:

1) Wade is a white ball gun, hopefully playing himself back into the ODI side especially with the next World Cup in India
2) Tim David is completely out of his league at this level and will be looked back on as a ridiculous selection

Gob

International Coach
This series has confirmed a couple of things I already knew/suspected:

1) Wade is a white ball gun, hopefully playing himself back into the ODI side especially with the next World Cup in India
2) Tim David is completely out of his league at this level and will be looked back on as a ridiculous selection
Bruh

Gob

International Coach
I never judge people

As for Tim, gotta give him a proper go. Don't think you have room for both him and Marcus S

Gob

International Coach
There is a sense of uncertainty surrounding Aust t20 team at the moment. The way I see it, below are the shoo ins.

Warner
Arun (good enough to see off the wc. Will/should retire afterwards)
Marsh
Maxwell (will float)

Wade
Cummins
Starc
Zampa
Hazlewood

So basically two spots vied by four players (Smith, David, Stoinis, Green). Smith is the least explosive of the four by a significant margin which means, for me to justify his place, he should either bat 3 incase a wicket falls early (there is still room for quality new ball bowling albeit for may be 3 overs) or the wickets should be slow and turning so his superior skills in playing spin may come handy when guiding/setting modest totals. Both scenarios are unlikely in Estraya with hard true wickets and long boundaries are eminent.

Green is a much better batsman and an a bowler than both David and Stoinis but not in the squad for some reason so blah.

Stoinis never look like a proper batsman to me. I know he is highly sought after by many leagues and has a good t20 record but fmd he looks so ungainly. It almost feel like he is a great athlete and his athleticism in general (fast reflections, great eye etc) makes him successful in the format. (Bit like how a baseball batter or golfer may succeed in slogging)

David is completely unknown. Might be a massive fail or could be really good. Or could be just OK lol. What I would say is that he has succeeded in various leagues and most these leagues have top t20 bowlers playing in them (IPL in particular) so T20I s may not be a complete upgrade to him

So the verdict is I'd definitely have Green if I could. Won't have Stoinis cos he sucks. So for me it comes down to Steven Smith vs Tim David.

Jacques Kallis

Gob

International Coach
I think we all learned some valuable lessons today.

Just like George Michael did when he tried to buy drugs that one time

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cummins often gets slapped in T20s though. Would almost rather they play an extra batsman and make 8 overs out of Green, Maxwell & Marsh

I'm not convinced those 3 guys would be that much less effective with the ball than Cummins in T20s