• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India - ODIs

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon Dhoni should have opened with Harbhajan. He might just have sneaked Watto and Ponting out, and at least he's one of those players who will fight.

Sylvester

State Captain
I have always felt Bollinger is their 3rd best seamer and if Johnson weren't this good with the bat, Bollinger willmake the side every time ahead of Johnson in ODIs.. Every ODI I have seen him, he has been really really good... And Watson/Marsh were their regular openers anyways before Marsh was sidelined with injury.. So we gotta take it that he is a first choice player... Clarke is the guy who is missing, along with Lee and Siddle... So adding Haddin, I think Aussies are missing 4 first choice players but look at the replacements: White is doing a great job, perhaps better than Clarke in terms of hitting... Bollinger seems like a guy who should be an automatic pick in these conditions, for his bowling alone. So in effect, they are not really missing most of the players who are out.. That is what is great about this Australian side, I guess. IN fact, I think an Indian side would be pretty much the same too, but there are quite a few guys who never seem to come in the selectors radar, or at least they seem to think their time is done.
I would have Ferguson over Marsh which gives the middle order another run a ball batter. Could even have Hopes over Marsh for his bowling. Clarke in for Voges, Haddin for Manou, Lee for McKay. Bracken can also make a case for inclusion given hes our best ranked bowler still.

R_D

International Debutant
Praveen's batting has been a positive for India in this series and his bowling has been ok as well guess.

No surprise Jadeja outbowling Harbhajan so far in this match.

Good fight back by tailenders.. brought some respectability to the total.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Brain-fade there from Watto. Still, has put Australia in the box-seat and Hussey coming in to deal with the spin is probably pretty useful.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why bother with the bowling powerplay? There's no need, if it gets to 45 overs the match will be over anyway.
Well you're going to attack with the field anyway so may as well use it.

This is effectively a test match. A lot depends on how the part-time spinners go.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Will still take a collapse for Australia to lose this. Harbhajan does have a lot of overs left, but who will keep the other end up for him?

Stapel

International Regular
Will still take a collapse for Australia to lose this. Harbhajan does have a lot of overs left, but who will keep the other end up for him?
Yuvraj, I suppose....
So, it could be over soon, since he appears to bowl a couple of poor deliveries each over.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I was bemused that Harbhajan hasn't just bowled his ten, because they need a couple of wickets desperately. Turns out he has cramp though, which is a blow.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhoni's given waaaay too many runs away. Time isn't an issue, so this is effectively a test match. If he had long-off and long-on in place during the chase of a small total in a test match he'd rightly be labelled a disgrace.

It might make sense when Yuvraj is throwing down pies, but when Harbhajan or Jadeja were bowling? Why?

pasag

RTDAS
Amazing how our ODI fortunes have changed. We were so horrible at the start of the year, now we've killed England, won the CT and on the verge of a great win on Indian soil.