• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India - ODIs

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bollinger has starred in 3 of his last 5 ODIs - he must come into strong consideration for tests now

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Bolly!

Supported him when not many others would!
Fantastic to see big Dougie dominating. You are correct, copped some extraordinary criticism in his early days. He had that terrible FC record for years, but you could always tell there was something dangerous about him, he just needed to align all his skills together.

Now look at him, knocking over some of the top ODI batsman in the world.

masterblaster

International Captain
This venue has to be one of the worst venues to play International Cricket in India. They could've scheduled the game to be played in Bangalore, Chennai or Eden Gardens but they chose this venue.

The pitch has been terrible too but to Australia's credit they've bowled very well and deserve their success. Ravindra Jadeja has been very impressive with his determination and his solidity. If he can get India up to 150, then he's done really well.

abol_tabol

Cricket Spectator
Lost all respect for Indian cricket today. Bunch of flat track bullies, totally spineless and gutless.
Though I am not at all surprised with this performance. Nothing is new. Knew it is coming when I saw Dhoni chose to bat first.

India should never never again bat first when there is any amount of moisture in the
pitch.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Lost all respect for Indian cricket today. Bunch of flat track bullies, totally spineless and gutless.
Though I am not at all surprised with this performance. Nothing is new. Knew it is coming when I saw Dhoni chose to bat first.

India should never never again bat first when there is any amount of moisture in the
pitch.
You see that's a bit over the top. India still can win the match if a couple of the bowlers are aggressive enough. I would wait until/if Australia win the match before losing all respect for a countries cricket completely!

masterblaster

International Captain
Got to appreciate the efforts of Ravindra Jadeja and Praveen Kumar today. Two young guys showing some backbone and determination to give India a fighting chance. Praveen Kumar's batting is coming along nicely and he adds a lot of value to the team with his accurate bowling and his useful lower order batting.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's a wrap from highlights. The openers were done in by raw pace and swing, which was proof that MS Dhoni misread the pitch here. Swing at 140k and over was difficult to negotiate, but this collapse was match-losing, and they were lucky to go so far. What was a concern, however, was the declining form of the Indian top five. Sehwag and Yuvraj have been scratchy, Gambhir post-injury was feeble and there were some needless dismissals in the innings. Consistency hasn't been their strength here, and this match was unfortunately a trough. While Jadeja's scratchy 57 and Praveen's risk-laden 54 restored some amount of order to the innings, the lower-order should be made to run a few laps around the ground at the end of the game, because they threw their wickets away with brainless shots. The least that they could do was take singles, but they played silly million-dollar shots that would cost them their place in any other international team. Performances here shouldn't define who should make the squad for Sri Lanka- this is a match-losing score.

It's a no-brainer that Dhoni won't use Yuvraj or Jadeja for an over here. But then, pace at 140k with a little swing in a cold morning has a lot more bite than lack of pace under 140k on a flattened wicket in a hotter afternoon.

Alarm bells were ringing for long, but those at the helm were sleeping, until it was too late.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The thing with the Aussie team is they still have a very good batting line up. Watson, Marsh, Ponting, White, Hussey, Voges. That is not too far of their best one day batting order. Their bowlers have stood up under the pressure of losing Lee and Siddle.
I have always felt Bollinger is their 3rd best seamer and if Johnson weren't this good with the bat, Bollinger willmake the side every time ahead of Johnson in ODIs.. Every ODI I have seen him, he has been really really good... And Watson/Marsh were their regular openers anyways before Marsh was sidelined with injury.. So we gotta take it that he is a first choice player... Clarke is the guy who is missing, along with Lee and Siddle... So adding Haddin, I think Aussies are missing 4 first choice players but look at the replacements: White is doing a great job, perhaps better than Clarke in terms of hitting... Bollinger seems like a guy who should be an automatic pick in these conditions, for his bowling alone. So in effect, they are not really missing most of the players who are out.. That is what is great about this Australian side, I guess. IN fact, I think an Indian side would be pretty much the same too, but there are quite a few guys who never seem to come in the selectors radar, or at least they seem to think their time is done.