• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India ODIs/T20s 2017

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I'm thinking of abducting Cummins, Haze, Pattinson and Starc and wrapping them all in bubble wrap and cotton wool until November.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Isn't the ODI team thin on batting?

If they start with Warner, Finch, Smith, Head, Maxwell as their top 5 who will be nos. 6 and 7 - Stoinis and Wade? Who is the reserve batsman? Cartwright?

That's not great. They needed someone like Bailey/Handscomb or even Khawaja in the middle to push Maxwell down to 6 and Stoinis to 7. I know Faulkner at 8 looks good, but relying on Faulkner's bowling against India isn't ideal.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator

If they start with Warner, Finch, Smith, Head, Maxwell as their top 5 who will be nos. 6 and 7 - Stoinis and Wade? Who is the reserve batsman? Cartwright?

That's not great. They needed someone like Bailey/Handscomb or even Khawaja.
welcome to australian odi selection policy for the last 4 years.

i mean, we won a wc with this team balance, but that was with smith and clarke. i really doubt it's going to work in the next 4 years, but we'll see i guess

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

That's not great. They needed someone like Bailey/Handscomb or even Khawaja in the middle to push Maxwell down to 6 and Stoinis to 7. I know Faulkner at 8 looks good, but relying on Faulkner's bowling against India isn't ideal.
they may not have really thought that deeply about the team they selected for a meaningless ODI series. Just pick some good players, rest some others, who cares, if the tail starts at no. 4 meh.

Would have been good to see Handscomb (or even Lyon) selected for ODIs though, even just to show that the selectors aren't type-casting players to one form of the game unnecessarily as they have in the past.

Gob

International Coach
Can anyone tell me what the actual **** is Pat Cummins doing in that squad?

Bijed

International Regular
they may not have really thought that deeply about the team they selected for a meaningless ODI series. Just pick some good players, rest some others, who cares, if the tail starts at no. 4 meh.

Would have been good to see Handscomb (or even Lyon) selected
for ODIs though, even just to show that the selectors aren't type-casting players to one form of the game unnecessarily as they have in the past.
What has happened to you?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
went to the ground today when it turned out to be a one-sided contest

Shai Hope was the only WI batsman who played well today. He got a great delivery from Anderson after his well-made 50. Chase, Blackwood and Dowrich all went playing silly shots. I won't blame Holder for his dismissal because by that time situation was looking immensely bleak for WI and he had to try playing shots.

Well played England, but this side may get annihilated in Australia (except its lower-order batting)

pdsubraa

Cricket Spectator
Smith says "He isn't worried about facing spin in India"

Is he referring himself or the complete Australian team?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith says "He isn't worried about facing spin in India"

Is he referring himself or the complete Australian team?
I think he's referring to it being a meaningless series that he couldn't care less about hence he isn't worried because it just doesn't matter

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think he's referring to it being a meaningless series that he couldn't care less about hence he isn't worried because it just doesn't matter
Its not exactly meaningless though, they always split the OD leg of their tours to the year after their test tour. I wish India does the same when we go to Australia too. 3 months there takes its toll on all players. Would rather split the test and ODI tours to different years. And the turn out will be more too as people may have only 1 or 2 chances to see the Indian team there during the summer.

Last edited: