• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Spark

Global Moderator
Anyway, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Aus not even make the semis of the WC. We're miles off it and have been since 2015

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He may be intelligent but he uses it to bring down the nation. These so called intellectuals are better off talking about America, rather than India, given their negativity. These guys are far too idealistic and so removed from reality.
A nation grows when nobody ever says anything bad about it.

Molehill

International Captain
Anyway, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Aus not even make the semis of the WC. We're miles off it and have been since 2015
I'm not sure if any team has actually improved in the One Day sphere since 2019. That the World Cup is in India makes them massive favourites even if they're by no means unbeatable.

Another Stoinis fail although this is some spell by Shami. **** shot though.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm not sure if any team has actually improved in the One Day sphere since 2019. That the World Cup is in India makes them massive favourites even if they're by no means unbeatable.

Another Stoinis fail although this is some spell by Shami. **** shot though.
England should still be favourites IMO.

This Australian side has gone backwards since 2019, having gone backwards massively since 2015 too. The infuriating thing is that nothing will be done about it too just as nothing was done after 2019 (seriously, compare the side that got belted in the semi to this one and see how many names are the same)

Spark

Global Moderator
But seriously at the risk of going full @social the embarrassing thing is that we all know that Stonis is absolute **** in this format, have known it for years, and we all know that he'll still get picked all the time

Aussie team is kinda set up like a classic Sri Lankan ODI side where almost everyone can bowl
Fitting given that we play ODIs like it's still 2007 too

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
England should still be favourites IMO.

This Australian side has gone backwards since 2019, having gone backwards massively since 2015 too. The infuriating thing is that nothing will be done about it too just as nothing was done after 2019 (seriously, compare the side that got belted in the semi to this one and see how many names are the same)
Australia haven't really bloodied any new exciting batting talent post 2019 bar Cameron Green whose more of an all rounder , there's a bit of a staleness to their ODI set up...