• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Jadeja MOTM but he not deserved
'cause if icc suspended John Vasaline lever long ago why Jadeja only given 1 Demerit point & 25% of his Match
fees only ?

Law says " player should ask umpire on first place for permission to use cream to his hand but jadeja not ask umpire, so match Refree punished him but ICC not find Jadeja tampering with the ball or directly use cream on cricket ball

Aus former Keeper captain Paine accused jadeja ball tampering on 1st day

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Quite the smiting there. Maybe this is the beginning of an epic comeback series? Time for Australia to avenge what happened the last time India toured down under?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Kohli used to be a top fielder

Judging by his catching & batting, his eyes might have gone
Nah, he is still a good fielder he was just never a good slipper to spinners and for some reason, when we have the perfectly capable Rohit himself there, we insist on keeping him as the lone slip. If Rohit and Virat switch their fielding positions, we will be better served in both positions.

Chrish

International Debutant
I expect Australia to do better next game. Let’s be honest, we can’t expect Indian batting to fire the way they did in this game on any consistent basis.

Australia will pull themselves together.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Charlie McCartney

Wafg he was
NSW player played 35 test for Aus
He was wisden player of the year 1922 alone with other 4

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Seeing how a good Aussie side going down like this, reckon our draw a year or so ago in India after losing the toss has to be right up there in terms of result in India goes I guess. Wonder how we got away, that pitch was turning and keeping super low too
Pitch was slow and Rahane's captaincy was Grade A crap.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Jadeja MOTM but he not deserved
'cause if icc suspended John Vasaline lever long ago why Jadeja only given 1 Demerit point & 25% of his Match
fees only ?

Law says " player should ask umpire on first place for permission to use cream to his hand but jadeja not ask umpire, so match Refree punished him but ICC not find Jadeja tampering with the ball or directly use cream on cricket ball

Aus former Keeper captain Paine accused jadeja ball tampering on 1st day
stop spewing **** ffs

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
@cnerd123
Hate Aussie media and ex-players . But none of the current players complained about the pitch.
True but I also think a lot of the responses and body language in the interviews suggested at least internally they had gotten it into their heads that this was a consiparacy pitch prepared primarily to reward left arm spinners and punish left hand batsmen. I actually think it must have been touch and go as far as Agar playing was concerned, and he must have been in mighty awful form if they felt he cant be played here.

It worked out great as Murphy has shown he is extremely capable and that around the wicket line with the ball just about kissing the edge of the mat for the leg stump line is a very good ball against right handers as it can go either way from there a slight distance and batsmen will have left 3 or 4 ways of getting out open.

Anyways, the pitch was totally fine and a regular Indian pitch and they won the toss and yet lost by an innings even though India only made 400. I think they should start thinking about their strengths than the opponents' to an extent with the selections.

All that said though, I think they really did compete and played to their best. India and esp. Jaddu, Shami and Ashwin from his last spell in the first innings were just relentless. Siraj started brilliantly before tailing off a bit. Rohit played an amazing amazing knock, Jaddu and Axar and Ashwin showed why their ability with the bat as bowlers can be so crucial in tests. The only aspect that really disappointed me about the Aussies this game was how much they let the pitch stuff affect them mentally when it was always a nothing-burger, and then at the end, Smith being very selfish which is rare with Aussie cricketers who are brougth up so much on team sport.

Great game to follow for me personally as I had called Jaddu, Rohit doing well here and Marnus was someone I backed for a while to be good esp. in the SC conditions. Australia will definitely fight back hard and Starc will add a very different threat and Delhi can help seamers a lot more than Nagpur did. That said, I think our batting can and probably will improve and our bowlers, if they dont get carried away, will continue to pose such a huge challenge for the Aussies.

Both teams had 4 tailenders, just that ours batted 2-5 while the Aussies batted theirs 8-11. :laugh: