• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Xix2565

International Debutant
If England were doctoring pitches in 2018 to favour themselves over India, then they wouldn't have played 1 spinner let alone 2. What's forgotten is the ridiculously dry and hot June/July that year which forced the hands of some groundsmen.
This assumes that England playing spinners is a sign of a 'fair' wicket. So does the Indian pace attack spanking all comers in India in recent time mean all those wickets were 'fair' as well? It's a stupid point, please don't persist with it. It completely ignores the amount of assistance the English seamers got off the surface.

Molehill

International Captain
This assumes that England playing spinners is a sign of a 'fair' wicket. So does the Indian pace attack spanking all comers in India in recent time mean all those wickets were 'fair' as well? It's a stupid point, please don't persist with it. It completely ignores the amount of assistance the English seamers got off the surface.
Moeen Ali took 12 wickets in 2 Tests. He took 9 in Southampton and won POTM. If ever an English pitch would suit India it was that one. To call it 'doctored' is ridiculous.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I think a bad pitch is not that you can't play the ball, but that you can't play it presuming you had skill. Effectively, this leaves uneven bounce or dangerous bounce. Anything else is just a case of bad preparation from the touring side. If a test only goes for two days, I'd let that be dealt with by the broadcasters.

Molehill

International Captain
I think a bad pitch is not that you can't play the ball, but that you can't play it presuming you had skill. Effectively, this leaves uneven bounce or dangerous bounce. Anything else is just a case of bad preparation from the touring side. If a test only goes for two days, I'd let that be dealt with by the broadcasters.
Not necessarily just the touring side. The England/SA series last Aug never saw a 4th day of cricket in any Test. Were the pitches ****? Not especially. Was the general level of batting ****? Extremely.

Xix2565

International Debutant
Moeen Ali took 12 wickets in 2 Tests. He took 9 in Southampton and won POTM. If ever an English pitch would suit India it was that one. To call it 'doctored' is ridiculous.
Again, still a dumb point. English pitches have favoured certain types of spinners before, and to say that it's not doctored just because an English spinner did well is ridiculous. It wasn't like either pitch in the latter Tests were like any of Chennai/Bangalore/Wankhede.

Do you consider inhuman reaction times as skill? That's often needed to deal with seaming deliveries.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
: 3 ODI & 5 T20I

Australia tour of India, 2023

Sep 22, Fri
India vs Australia
1st ODI at Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali
Match starts at Sep 22, 08:00 GMT, 1.30 pm IST

Sep 24, Sun
India vs Australia
2nd ODI at Holkar Cricket Stadium, Indore
Match starts at Sep 24, 08:00 GMT, 1.30 PM IST

Sep 27, Wed
India vs Australia
3rd ODI at Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot
Match starts at Sep 27, 08:00 GMT, 1.30 PM IST

Nov 23, Thu
India vs Australia
1st T20I at Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam
Match starts at Nov 23, 13:30 GMT, 07.00 PM IST

Nov 26, Sun
India vs Australia
2nd T20I at Greenfield International Stadium, Thiruvananthapuram
Match starts at Nov 26, 13:30 GMT, 07.00 PM IST

Nov 28, Tue
India vs Australia
3rd T20I at Barsapara Cricket Stadium, Guwahati
Match starts at Nov 28, 13:30 GMT, 07.00 PM IST

Dec 01, Fri
India vs Australia
4th T20I at Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Nagpur
Match starts at Dec 01, 13:30 GMT, 07.00 PM IST

Dec 03, Sun
India vs Australia
5th T20I at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad
Match starts at Dec 03, 13:30 GMT, 07.00 PM IST

Last edited:

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Hardik Pandya will lead Indian team at Mumbai 1st ODI while Rohit will lead india in 2nd & 3rd ODI

India's ODI squad: Rohit Sharma (Captain), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, KL Rahul, Ishan Kishan (wk), Hardik Pandya (Vice-captain), Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mohd. Shami, Mohd.