• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Agar getting released now is almost getting to the previous BG proportions in terms of injuries/releases.

Players missing tests for India in BG 2021: Agarwal, Rahul, Rohit, Kohli, Vihari, Ashwin, Jadeja, Shami, Umesh, Bumrah
Players missing tests for Australia in BG 2023: Warner, Green, Agar, Starc, Hazlewood

BG 2021 leads by 5 at the moment.
Hope we don't see an "Aus aren't performing because of injury" type narrative pop up because of this.

India won in 2021 while where currently 2-0 down and they suffered much worse injuries overall. Lost there #4, one/two of there openers, an all-rounder, there best 5 pacers, and their frontline spinner, and had to change captain's midway through.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Hope we don't see an "Aus aren't performing because of injury" type narrative pop up because of this.

India won in 2021 while where currently 2-0 down and they suffered much worse injuries overall. Lost there #4, one/two of there openers, an all-rounder, there best 5 pacers, and their frontline spinner, and had to change captain's midway through.
The only real losses here are Green and Starc anyway. Warner and Hazlewood aren't likely to be much chop in India anyway and Agar isn't injured - just terrible atm.

Shady Slim

International Coach
My understanding is that he actually told the selectors not to consider him either before or just after the first game because he was bowling so poorly in the nets.
obviously i was here one of the loudest anti-agar voices but i hope he can get his confidence back - that i don't think he's very good doesn't mean i don't wish the fella well

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Really dumb take to be ****ing honest. Green gives them so much more flexibility to get in more bowling options while having some batting.
I am a huge fan of Green and do think he can make a difference in this series.

But thinking that he won't have an impact is not a dumb take tbh. He is a lbw candidate to the left arm spinners and his bowling couldn't buy a wicket even in Australia against India.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am a huge fan of Green and do think he can make a difference in this series.

But thinking that he won't have an impact is not a dumb take tbh. He is a lbw candidate to the left arm spinners and his bowling couldn't buy a wicket even in Australia against India.
I think if you put it in the context of his other posts it shows that he didn't apply any of the consideration you did.