• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Kirkut

International Regular
Presume India has the same side come the tour to Australia - and that Kohli is back in form leading up and Ashwin is over his hernia. Let's also presume India goes to Tassie for a few weeks prior to get used to conditions. Can they do better than 1 win and 2 losses? I think they have a decent shout at a drawn series and a not tiny chance for a win.
Winning in Australia is impossible for touring sides without their fast bowlers being at their prime. England's fast bowlers had to be at their best to win against a poorly managed Australian side in 2010/11. South Africa's success in Australia in recent years came down to Steyn/Morkel/Rabada.

Compton

International Debutant
Yeah the tour in Australia is tough for any side. Smith and Warner average a combined 130-odds at home. That's very tough to come back from.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should Handscomb work his ass off and turn himself into a batsman/keeper? If he could it would give the Aussies more flexibility with a line up like Warner Renshaw Smith Khawaja Handscomb Maxwell Starc Pattinson Cummins Lyon Hazelwood
Hell no.

He's worse than Wade at the moment and unless your name is Gilchrist or de Kock you're not good enough to be both a wicket keeper and a batsman.

stephen

Winning in Australia is impossible for touring sides without their fast bowlers being at their prime. England's fast bowlers had to be at their best to win against a poorly managed Australian side in 2010/11. South Africa's success in Australia in recent years came down to Steyn/Morkel/Rabada.
Philander got juicy pitches this time around and his bowling was what win it for SA.

stephen

Can we all take a moment's silence to reflect on how much better this series was because the on-duty selectors picked Maxwell over Stoinis and O'Keefe over Swepson.

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Virat Kohli‏Verified account @imVkohli Mar 30

1/2 My answer at the post match conference has been blown way out of proportion. I did not categorically say the whole Australian team but

2/2 only a couple of individuals.I continue to be in good terms with the few guys I know & who I've played with at RCB & that doesn't change.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
kohli is like one of those girls who stirs up all this **** then responds to the inevitable **** storm by talking about how much she hates drama

stephen

Rahul was MotS for India in my mind. He was so reliable at the top of the order and gave so much stability that Australia could never really put enough pressure on the middle/lower order. His series was better than Pujara's

srbhkshk

International Captain
Rahul was MotS for India in my mind. He was so reliable at the top of the order and gave so much stability that Australia could never really put enough pressure on the middle/lower order. His series was better than Pujara's
He basically turned the series in second test, people look at the Rahane - Pujara parternership, but he was immense in that match too. Probably would have been a 3-1 India win had he played a longer innings in the third test since he scores much quicker than Pujara.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Combined aus and england teams in australian conditions

Cook
Warner
Renshaw
Smith
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Starc
Broad
Lyon
Hazelwood

srbhkshk

International Captain
Combined aus and england teams in australian conditions

Cook
Warner
Renshaw
Smith
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Starc
Broad
Lyon
Hazelwood
Root (I know he hasn't played many tests but whatever...) has been crap so far in Australia, Cook is questionable at this stage of his career, the eyes just might be giving up on him. Broad is acceptable but one of the other Aussie quicks is just as good a shout.