• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Your mama

Cricket Spectator
Wow with managers like these who needs friends. khawaja's joke of manager hasn't even spoken to him about the incident and yet he's lambasting him on public radio.

Khawaja would do well in terminating this clown.

Khawaja's problem is not one of attitude but one of likeability to a certain michael clarke.

Clarke clearly doesn't like uzzie and that's plain to see.

If i was khawaja i would just pack up and leave and go back like watto did. he has no career whilst clarke is captain.

If khawaja was south african i think he would have played more than 6 tests by now.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
I just like the opening paragraph

When you've stopped laughing, Arthur's decision does make sense

So Australia has drawn a line in the sand. An important first move for any beach cricket team. Unexplained - or articulated by coach Mickey Arthur and captain Michael Clarke - the decision to suspend four players from the third Test because they failed to complete a post-match self-examination did not invite ridicule. It dragged it into the living room, sat it down on the couch and plied it with champagne and caviar......

However, when you have absorbed the shock, stopped laughing and suspended your disbelief - not, in this case, for failing to do its homework - Arthur's tough stance makes some sense. The coach's message: If a player is unwilling to complete a simple, compulsory task, then you must question his willingness to obey the instructions that will improve his form or his attitude......

Read more: Mickey Arthur Michael Clarke Shane Watson

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Wow with managers like these who needs friends. khawaja's joke of manager hasn't even spoken to him about the incident and yet he's lambasting him on public radio.

Khawaja's problem is not one of attitude but one of likeability to a certain michael clarke.

If i was khawaja i would just pack up and leave and go back like watto did. he has no career whilst clarke is captain.

If khawaja was south african i think he would have played more than 6 tests by now.
Got any evidence to prove Clarke doesn't like Khawaja? Like, ANYTHING of substance?

Spark

Global Moderator

Ahahahahaha wow

Your mama

Cricket Spectator
Got any evidence to prove Clarke doesn't like Khawaja? Like, ANYTHING of substance?
You claim to be a an aussie supporter and yet i know more about them than you it seems. Open your god given senses and see it for yourself. It's clear as day.

Khawaja will never play for australia while clarke is captain.

All i can say is thank **** arthur is not the coach of SA.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Compare and contrast the attitudes on display with someone who's had some success in India, Matty Hayden.

Hayden reminisces the Final Frontier | Interviews | BCCI

Pivotal bit for me;

“In 1995-96 a small unit of Australian batsmen were selected to practice at the MRF Pace Foundation in Chennai. During the same time, there was also a small spin-bowling camp that was going on under Bishen Singh Bedi and S Venkatraghavan. I wasn’t picked for that. I rang the chairman of selectors and said, ‘Look, if there’s any way I can go on this tour, please consider me for selection.’ As it turned out, Greg Blewett pulled out of the tour and I was called up.

That trip wasn’t about batting in India. I don’t even remember picking up my bat and having a net. I was more a witness to the subtleties of the strategy of spin – where those two gentlemen would set fields, what their bowling plans would be, how that will impact me as a batsman and how I can manipulate the field to score runs. It was more about understanding the captaincy moves and the mind of a spin bowler. It was then for me to take that information away and start to generate some scoring options, form an attacking game plan against spin and develop the ability to bat for a long period of time and sustain the pressure of spin bowling. It was an incredibly valuable experience, one that I really cherish and will never forget.”
This he did 3-4 years before he even got picked for Australia again. At that time, he was nowhere near the side yet he went on a trip just to watch. Even if he picked up barely any useful info, **** like that gets noticed higher up the chain. Hayden was bleeding to play Tests again and it showed once he got back in.

Was never much chop against spin but, really by sheer force of will, made himself not merely good but the only guy bashing the crap out of Harbhajan in the midst of a once-in-a-lifetime series. Sp00ked every spinner facing Hayden for the rest of his career, really.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
You claim to be a an aussie supporter and yet i know more about them than you it seems. Open your god given senses and see it for yourself. It's clear as day.

Yeh, thanks for providing something substantial there.

Burgey

So when we head to England mate, you are saying that England would prefer Watson (averaging 48 against them in the last two series) opening than Cowan?

THat's what you're saying
The only relevant point concerning the player you've mentioned and the current situation, I think, is Cowan has more intelligence in his left nut than Watson does in his ample sized and block-shaped melon. Watson is a ****wit, frankly, and this only proves it.

The bloke is the vice captain. If he had a problem with what Arthur wanted from the team, he should have gone to see him. If he can't be arsed doing that, he deserves the rissole from that job. The fact is he's been carried with the bat for 18 months when he's been available, and his best asset to the team is his bowling. Which he's decided he no longer wants to do.

He dicks the side around with everyone trying to fit him into the line up, rather than the question being asked as to whether he should even be in the line up if he isn't bowling.

He ****s me. I hope he never plays again. He's soft as butter, and frankly does **** all 95% of the time when he bats. He's not bowling, so he's basically not worth a squirt of piss.

Burgey

In other words, Watson is a Queenslander. Beautifully peroxided hair one day, up himself prima donna the next with **** all intelligence. Bloke gets put in a position of authority then cuts back his own work load. He's cricket's Campbell Newman.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator

Ahahahahahahaha

Ignorance and lack of self-awareness in a single post. Outstanding.

Spark

Global Moderator
Khawaja fanboys are increasingly making me laugh. Their excuses and conspiracy theories are just becoming more and more absurd.

watson

Banned
Does anyone remember Allan Border's tantrum/dummy-spit/major rage/threaten-to-resign episode after his team got smashed by Richard Hadlee and Martin Crowe during the 1985 series?

Well, this whole thing reminds me of that. Clarke, with the help of Arthur, is showing the same angry frustration that Border did after the retirement of big name players (Chappell, Lillee, Marsh) and regular defeats/capitualtions.

Hopefully, the 'air has been cleared' now - and we can start to improve just like Border's team did through the late 80s.

Spark

Global Moderator
Zane Bojack @zanofc
Sources reveal James Pattinson paid the price for filling in false information on wellness forms rather than forgetting his review #cricket
The plot thickens.

Your mama

Cricket Spectator
Zane Bojack

Other rumours include bad blood between Clarke & Khawaja with the QLD no.3 in Watson's clique along with Johnson & Nathan Lyon #cricket

you dont need a rumour pal. Its plain as sight