• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I'm going to go out and say Doherty couldn't be any more disappointing than what Lyon was. That's not to say he should be playing obv.
Said that during the 4th day of the first test, especially if this pitch is similar he might do better.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm going to go out and say Doherty couldn't be any more disappointing than what Lyon was. That's not to say he should be playing obv.

Maxwell though, hehe.
Yes he could have been. That's an absurd observation. Doherty isn't anywhere near the long form bowler Lyon is.

Dear God, Maxwell. It's awful. The Cameron White of this generation.

benchmark00

Yes he could have been. That's an absurd observation. Doherty isn't anywhere near the long form bowler Lyon is.

Dear God, Maxwell. It's awful. The Cameron White of this generation.
Lyon has been bowling absolute puss and balls the last 10 months. Lyon is a better long form bowler than Doherty, but Doherty has been bowling as useful as Lyon has been in the last 10 months, that's just how **** he's been bowling. If you choose to believe it or not because it may damage your argument of Swann < Lyon is your decision.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Lyon has been bowling absolute puss and balls the last 10 months. Lyon is a better long form bowler than Doherty, but Doherty has been bowling as useful as Lyon has been in the last 10 months, that's just how **** he's been bowling. If you choose to believe it or not because it may damage your argument of Swann < Lyon is your decision.
i doubt Doherty will go for more runs than Lyon but there is no way Doherty gets Tendulkar or more than 4 wickets in the game for that matter

Burgey

Well last time I checked Doherty has taken 2 FC wickets this summer at 80 odd and can't get a run for Tassie. Has nothing to do with the Swann thing, you're selling Lyon massively short if you think he's been as bad as Doherty in long form cricket.

I'd still prefer him to play in the side ahead of Maxwell mind you.

benchmark00

i doubt Doherty will go for more runs than Lyon but there is no way Doherty gets Tendulkar or more than 4 wickets in the game for that matter
In 80 overs of bowling on a big turning wicket I'd definitely expect Doherty to take four wickets. That's not good though by any stretch of the imagination.

benchmark00

Well last time I checked Doherty has taken 2 FC wickets this summer at 80 odd and can't get a run for Tassie. Has nothing to do with the Swann thing, you're selling Lyon massively short if you think he's been as bad as Doherty in long form cricket.

I'd still prefer him to play in the side ahead of Maxwell mind you.
In what post did I say Doherty is as good a long form bowler as Lyon? If you think Lyon's last game was anything but a horrible failure then I just don't...

dermo

International Vice-Captain
agreed maxwell is worst case scenario this could well be the worst aussie test team ever