• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Patto to come back for Starc, obviously.

Am the only one who wouldn't be annoyed at Doherty making way for MJ? At least Johnson can bat a bit and might take the odd 7fer.
Johnson should've played a few tests on this tour already although it is probably lucky for him that he hasnt

I fully expect Australia to shoot themselves in the foot again by picking 2 ordinary spinners because "it's India"

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lot of debate on the radio as to whether Twatto should be able to walk back in to the team as captain if Clarke is missing considering:

a) he was just suspended the previous match;
b) he had a whinge and said he's weighing up his future;
c) he is a ****.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Haddin doesn't play we don't though. Shane Watson got the VC gig because no-one else could have got it. Almost 24 months on there's still no-one else who could really take it. Warner and Cowan are better suited than Hughes or Usman circa 24 months ago, but geee.

the big bambino

International Captain
Ok missed the last 100 pages of this thread so sorry if I repeat a few things.

Watson becoming captain in Clarke's absence would normally be unremarkable. Its only controversial now bcos of the original decision to ban him. Arthur's joke just keeps dishing the funnys.

Yes I'm pissed with the umpiring decisions on Hughes and Clarke. We only lost the test by 15 balls. We could have saved it with just 1 howler. But 2...

Jim Maxwell gave some perspective on Hughes likening his hash here to Ponting's a decade or so ago. Fair enough Jim. Good point. He's no Ponting but he shouldn't be punted bcos of it.

You know SA do well against India in India yet they don't get suckered into playing spinners just bcos they're in the sub con. So for the next test I wouldn't play any. Except that Starc is going home. So my side for test 4 is:

Warner
Cowan
Hughes
Watson
Clarke
Smith
Wade
Pattinson
Johnson
Siddle
Lyon

Henriques goes for Smith. He got the score. Plus his pies might get as many wickets as Moises anyway. Bad luck for Usman but I don't think he'll get a look in as long as Arthur keeps hatin on him. Doherty...my my. India must have pissed themselves with laughter at how they talked him into the team and kept him there with a few gimme wickets in the 2nd test. Surely his file has been stamped now. Then again his skin folds are good and he does his homework...

I have no plan if Clarke doesn't play. Henriques I guess. Bcos Arthur hates Usman.

Last edited:

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Bear in mind that we haven't copped a full whitewash from another Test nation for about 30 years.

Burgey to reminisce on his middle-age.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Watson becoming captain in Clarke's absence would normally be unremarkable. Its only controversial now bcos of the original decision to ban him. Arthur's joke just keeps dishing the funnys.
Nah even without the ban, the fact Twatto openly admitted he doesn't even know if he wants to continue playing test cricket means he is palpably not leadership material.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jim Maxwell gave some perspective on Hughes likening his hash here to Ponting's a decade or so ago. Fair enough Jim. Good point. He's no Ponting but he shouldn't be punted bcos of it.
Not to mention that their series' have gone in opposite directions; Hughes has trended up with this Test, Ponting started well in '01 but came crashing down.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Ok missed the last 100 pages of this thread so sorry if I repeat a few things.

Yes I'm pissed with the umpiring decisions on Hughes and Clarke. We only lost the test by 15 balls. We could have saved it with just 1 howler. But 2...

You know SA do well against India in India yet they don't get suckered into playing spinners just bcos they're in the sub con. So for the next test I wouldn't play any. Except that Starc is going home. So my side for test 4 is:

Warner
Cowan
Hughes
Watson
Clarke
Smith
Wade
Pattinson
Johnson
Siddle
Lyon

Henriques goes for Smith. He got the score. Plus his pies might get as many wickets as Moises anyway. Bad luck for Usman but I don't think he'll get a look in as long as Arthur keeps hatin on him. Doherty...my my. India must have pissed themselves with laughter at how they talked him into the team and kept him there with a few gimme wickets in the 2nd test. Surely his file has been stamped now. Then again his skin folds are good and he does his homework...

I have no plan if Clarke doesn't play. Henriques I guess. Bcos Arthur hates Usman.
I just don't understand why Usman wouldn't have completed that task. he was so close to being picked - surely he'd do everything in his power to prove he was the right man for the first eleven. I can totally understand the selectors/mgt being furious with him over that.

Mitchell Johnson is palpably stupid and an eternal disappointment so I'm not surprised on that front.

I do think Clarke needs to take a look at his man management. People bagged Ponting as captain but I think behind the scenes he was pretty good at backing players and instilling faith and belief, e.g. Symonds '03 WC.