• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Arthur pretty scathing of Khawaja. Long way back for him now, if ever I reckon.
We sorta thought that back in October though...his 'redemption' was pretty weird, not least because he hadn't changed at all. as sorta seen here....

Top_Cat

Australia in India 2012-13 : Watson leaves tour after Australia axe four | Cricket News | India v Australia | ESPN Cricinfo

"I have never ever doubted, not for one moment, the drive of Shane Watson," Arthur said. "Not for one moment. Shane Watson prepares well. He's very professional and he goes about his business in a very professional way. I've not ever been in a position to doubt Shane Watson the person or Shane Watson the cricketer. Usman Khawaja is different. This will be the catalyst I think for Usman Khawaja to realise we're pretty serious in the Australian cricket team.

Spikey

Where's this? Haven't heard full quotes.
"I have never ever doubted, not for one moment, the drive of Shane Watson," Arthur said. "Not for one moment. Shane Watson prepares well. He's very professional and he goes about his business in a very professional way. I've not ever been in a position to doubt Shane Watson the person or Shane Watson the cricketer. Usman Khawaja is different. This will be the catalyst I think for Usman Khawaja to realise we're pretty serious in the Australian cricket team."

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
andrew flintoff ‏@flintoff11

Amazing 4 Aussie players banned for not doing homework , I thought letting them play in the next test would be punishment enough #3-0india

Flintoff. :laugh:

TumTum

Banned
Some good **** is being posted on BF:

Patto had it easy too! He just had to write "#1 wicket taker" and walk out

Should have just said their dog ate it

This is all so Clarke can avoid batting at 3 or 4.

Ed Cowan safe as houses, had probably written Mr. Arthur a book on the matter

It would be interesting know the titles submitted "The Year I took a Wicket" by X Doherty

Ussie failed because his proposed essay: "Gritty Painful 20s and 30s....How You Can Do It Too" had already been submitted by Ed Cowan.

"Who Wants To Bat Like A Millionaire.......And Get Out To A 5c Shot" by Dave Warner.

"The Power Of One.......Now Where The F**k Are My Ten Team-mates??!!" by Michael Clarke.

front foot lunge - shane watson

waiting for jeff - nathan lyon

up and down and back again - peter siddle

"Bang for your buck: How to get more money out of less runs" by Glenn Maxwell

the day the earth stopped spinning - x. doherty & nathan lyon

wide & full - mitch johnson
I assume the sequel is "wide and short".
"**** gets the reward" then completes the trilogy?

Steven Smith has pulled off a Bradbury here.

:laugh:

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I actually think the side needed this. The makeup of this squad was terrible, half of them haven't proven themselves at shield level let alone in tests, we all knew it was a terrible squad and now hopefully the spotlight will be put squarely on the team to ensure a repeat effort in the ashes doesn't eventuate.

Spikey

Nathan Buckley ‏@ncb_cfc
If you can't follow a basic coaching instruction off field, what hope that you'll do so under the heat of battle?? #notthathard
Retweeted by Martin Blake
gonna have to re-think my position on this if it's the same as Buckley's.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some good **** is being posted on BF:

Patto had it easy too! He just had to write "#1 wicket taker" and walk out

Should have just said their dog ate it

This is all so Clarke can avoid batting at 3 or 4.

Ed Cowan safe as houses, had probably written Mr. Arthur a book on the matter

It would be interesting know the titles submitted "The Year I took a Wicket" by X Doherty

Ussie failed because his proposed essay: "Gritty Painful 20s and 30s....How You Can Do It Too" had already been submitted by Ed Cowan.

"Who Wants To Bat Like A Millionaire.......And Get Out To A 5c Shot" by Dave Warner.

"The Power Of One.......Now Where The F**k Are My Ten Team-mates??!!" by Michael Clarke.

front foot lunge - shane watson

waiting for jeff - nathan lyon

up and down and back again - peter siddle

"Bang for your buck: How to get more money out of less runs" by Glenn Maxwell

the day the earth stopped spinning - x. doherty & nathan lyon

wide & full - mitch johnson
I assume the sequel is "wide and short".
"**** gets the reward" then completes the trilogy?

Steven Smith has pulled off a Bradbury here.

:laugh:
Gold!

And this is a complete and utter joke. This kind of activity is straight out of the "How to Manage Employees For Dummies" manual for incompetent managers. Boof needs to take over as coach of Australia.

aussie tragic

International Captain
I think the experts say it well

"I'm surprised that's the penalty for something so mundane. It seems like it was on a schoolboy tour or something. It's an over the top reaction."
Former Australia captain Allan Border

"I'm stunned. I've never heard of this sort of thing before at top level in any sport. When you are losing there are niggling things there but they're grown men, it's not school boy stuff. It's not under-6s, this is Test cricket… there would have been a better way."
Former Australia batsman Mark Waugh

"From my experience report writing is not a player's strength, no surprise to hear some failing, need to focus more on field short comings?"
Former Australia allrounder Tom Moody

"Adults we are, not schoolboys! Please let's act properly and make good decisions in India! Need these boys playing."
Former Australia batsman Darren Lehmann

"To many wrong people are picked for jobs who give a fancy presentation!!"
Former Australia batsman Damien Martyn

"What is going on with Aussie Cricket?? Didn't realise you had to do an essay to get a selection these days..!!!!!"
Former England captain Michael Vaughan

"Implications from these actions are serious.. I feel it is deeper than it appears. Aust are in trouble!!"
Former Australia batsman Dean Jones

"Financially cricket is great these days, but I'm glad I played when it was enjoyable and cricket was all that mattered - wickets and runs."
Former England fast bowler Darren Gough

Last edited:

stephen

And to be completely fair to Pattinson, he probably felt that he was excluded from this given he's been carrying the bowling.

Spikey

Gold!

And this is a complete and utter joke. This kind of activity is straight out of the "How to Manage Employees For Dummies" manual for incompetent managers. Boof needs to take over as coach of Australia.
Seems like the incompetent thing to do would have been to give 18 odd people a task that 14 odd people did, and then completely over-look the fact that 4 people did not bother to attempt the task that was required of them and then not punish them

stephen

Seems like the incompetent thing to do would have been to give 18 odd people a task that 14 odd people did, and then completely over-look the fact that 4 people did not bother to attempt the task that was required of them and then not punish them
The thing is though that the punishment should have fit the crime. Acting like an arsehole and publicly sacking four of your players from the next test for such a small thing screams of an overreaction. There should have been a warning, or the four of them should have been made to do an extra hour of compulsory fielding drills instead. The whole point of the coach is to help the team win, not piss all over his players.